Whoo Hooo!

enjoyingtheartofit

I am so excited, I had to share with someone (my DH and DD don't count)... my iMac has arrived and I am roaming around it as we speak! :banana:

I am getting used to the new keyboard (making typos left right and centre-no pun intended because "centre" is written like this in Canada), finding where my files were on my PC and transferring them over, and moving my photos into iPhoto, and generally checking every icon out to see what it does!

This is great! Now I'm just waiting for my Adobe Creative Suite to arrive...

:sign_Congrats_wav:

I have an iMac & I LOVE it!!!!! I will never go back to a PC again! You will ADORE iPhoto (You can select photos in iPhoto and drag them to the Photoshop icon on the dashboard to open them there- this is a cool feature)!

I really want CS3... I'll just have to live with my PSE4 for a while though...

Stickies are AWESOME! And I my dashboard for all kinds of things... I especially like seeing the weather report... You'll love your Mac!

Guest kshabowski

Oh, man, I am so jealous! I am considering switching to a mac. Please let me know what you like and don't like about it compared to a PC.

Thanks and have fun!

Kathy - making typos on a regular old PC keyboard

Ooooh Shelia I have just made the decision to get a mac and was going to start a thread asking what peoples thoughts were but I will follow your thread closely. I am concered about if I will pick up the changes. I may need to PM you with other questions!!!! It is exciting to see who else has a mac. Congrats on your new purchase. Do keep us informed with how you are going with it.

YAY!!! Another convert!!! ;) I technically have four iMacs (we don't use two of them...they're old) and I love, love, love them. And when you get PSCS, what fun you'll have! How exciting! Let us know if you have any questions and I'm sure someone here will be able to help. Nothing is really too difficult on a Mac. It's very intuitive. I'm betting you'll catch on quickly.

Have fun!

~Zaz

So far I just love it! I'm quite a visual learner so the Mac is set up well for me.

So far I am happy with iPhoto-really happy that all my tags/keywords from Corel Photo Album6 transferred with the photos so it isn't a clean slate.

I ordered the wired keyboard instead of the wireless because there is no number pad on the wireless. Oh how I missed having that on my PC laptop.

The transfer of files has been easy because my local dealer came to my house to set it up, transfer the files from my PC hard drive, and give me a thorough lesson on the in's and out's of the Mac. He is coming back in a couple of days to answer any questions and to set up Windows (which I need to run for my employer) and Fusion. For those who aren't aware, Windows, along with Fusion or Parallels programs, can run integrated on the Mac so I can share files and run Windows applications on the Mac. If one of your reasons for not getting a Mac was because you invested into Photoshop for Windows, then you can be rest assured that you could still use it on a new Mac computer.

I looked at the dashboard and saw what KellyChron mentioned about attaching the weather link to it. I didn't know that you could put program icons there and will do that as soon as Photoshop is loaded. It just arrived-it isn't even out of the plastic yet! The DD's are napping so no time like the present! Can't wait!

Funny that computers are such a tool, but can feel like such a toy!

You are going to love widgets! They are so much fun. They are a way to quickly look at several different programs without having to leave the screen where you are. I have weather, a clock, stickies, iTunes, the dictionary and several other things on my dashboard... you can get widgets for all kinds of things... even for sports updates...

You're going to be so pleased! Congrats again!

Archived