Newbie In Arkansas

Monica D.

Hello,

I am a 17 year old in Arkansas. I have recently got involved in digi-scrapbooking as a cleaner, and actually cheaper, form of scrapbooking. It's much easier to scrapbook on the computer with a 3 year old around, than it is on the table that is rarely clear. LOL. My current project is starting on an adoption Lifebook for my sister (the overly helpful 3 year old previously mentioned) who was adopted from China 8 months ago. I have not purchased anything from SG, but I have an Asian adoption kit and add-on from another site. I like this board though, because it seems so helpful.

Yeah, I'm new to all this. Not to scrapbooking in general, but the digital version, yeah. I'm really big into photography (main subjects: my cats and my sister) and blogging. And I do all my editing in GIMP, as I have yet to have enough spare cash lying around to buy Photoshop, although I think that's coming soon. :)

Much love,

Monica

http://kaijinsbigsis.blogspot.com/

Our adoption blog

:welcome2: Scrapgirls Monica. You will find plenty of help here. If you haven't already done so, it is worth signing up for the newsletter as there are plenty of hints & tips & tutorials in it, oh and there is a freebie too. Also check out the university for other help. Any problems, just shout out on the board and someone will normally come to the rescue.

:welcome2: :welcome2: Welcome to Scrap Girls Monica. I'm glad to see the younger generation getting involved in digi-scrapping! If you ever need help...shout. Download the 15 free things you need to know about digital scrapbooking and sign up for the newsletters as well as the bonus newsletter that comes out on Tuesdays. There is always a freebie in the newsletters and You are gonna find a lot of support and help here. We do have several adoptee families here...so you'll fit in just fine!

Thanks, everyone, for your warm welcome. I don't know where one would usually post these types of things, but I've attached (I think...I hope) a file that is my first digi-scrapbooking page. It's what is intended to be the Title Page to Reese's adoption lifebook. I made it using GIMP 2.0, and I think it ended up being some 24 or so layers...Gah...

It's not perfect, but I like it.

Monica

Welcome to Scrap Girls Monica! I have 17 yo and 15 yo daughters who are just getting into digital scrapping as well. Neither of them has been brave enough to join an online community yet. Perhaps your example will encourage them.

Welcome! Yeah another Arkansan! I am in Little Rock! You are going to love this place! I cannot wait to see your layouts!

WELCOME!!!!!

I live just outside of Little Rock, about 20 minutes from downtown. My layout didn't load, and the computer it's on is in the shop getting it's data put back on it after it had to be sent in to be worked on in December. I should have it back tomorrow (Friday) though, and hopefully, I can get it loaded.

Have you noticed that it's nearly impossible to find digi-scrapping stuff in LR? Just a little digi stuff in the stores would be nice...But as my Mom says, 'how would these little scrapbooking places stay in business if all they sold with digital?'. Ah, well.

Nice to see others in Arkansas on here.

Monica

WOW! You are close to me. We have another one here that is one of my best friends and she lives in Maumelle. Here name Dawnsmemories on the SG website.

One day we should all have a SG day at the park or something and meet each other! Sorry your computer is on the fritz, I know it can be maddening!

I use to have a scrapbooking store I just adored. Love the people, went to their classes...but they closed down about 6 months ago and I did not even know. I had a free coupon for about 30 dollars worth of product that I never used. Was saving it for a raining day...now I just threw them away. It is hard for scrapbooking stores to stay open around here for sure!

Since I found Scrapgirls...I looked around at other online digital places but their quality was not near as great and wonderful as scrapgirls website. It is amazing how lifelike they make their collections.

Have a great day!

• 3 months later...

Archived