Bamboo Fun Medium Or Intuos3 4x6?

TeaScrapper

I can't decide which to get. The price difference is $30 at Costco online.

I like the idea of the bigger work surface of the Bamboo. However, the Intuos has twice the pressure sensitivity.

As someone who doesn't feel that involved in graphic work, other than digital scrapbooking, would I be happy enough with the Bamboo Fun?

And if I do go with the Bamboo, since I use a laptop and the arm of my chair, which is fairly wide, as my mousepad, maybe I should just go with the small version?

Aargh, help me decide. I can never make my mind up on things. ^_^

I love my Bamboo Fun! I can't compare it to the Intuous because I have never had one, but for all my scrapping and designing it is all I need. When I use it with the laptop, I put the tablet right over the keyboard and work directly on the laptop. The small size is great because if fits right there! You can use the tablet as a mouse for all your non-typing needs, browsing the internet, exploring files and everything else you would use a mouse for. :)

I was in your shoes around Christmas last year. I chose Bamboo Fun. Alot of us use it here and alot of us use the Intuos. If you are going to decide to get into digital graphics more, then get the Intuos because it has a ton more features than the Bamboo. I enjoy graphic design but I am still working on doing it all day! HA! The Bamboo is nice, I enjoy the pen to draw and write now. I am glad I gave up my mouse. Once I get better at designing with an electronic pen instead of using traditional pen, I will trade it in for the Intuos.

Archived