Photo

For You Professional Altered Art Types...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DeeZee

DeeZee

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

I've never done any of this ... .thought I hope to do some more of it between now and Christmas.

I bought the Weathered Door blocks/box set as seen in the June or July CK magazine. I get that I have to cut my layout in 25 squares and then adhere each piece them to a block (one layout per side) but I'm not sure how to go about the mechanics of this. So here are my specific questions .. (at $22 a set, I don't want to mess these up LOL!) The Weathered Door also has one of these in their gallery on the site, but no one provides specific instructions.

What is better to use -- a photograph or color copy of the layout?

What type of adhesive is best to adhere to the wood?

What kind of sealant would be good to use?

Any tips on cutting accurately? I'm thinking I could make small marks at the top and bottom using the rulers on PSP since I'm really cutting challenged LOL

#2 DeeZee

DeeZee

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:14 AM

Bumping this up to see if anyone has any ideas.... I know someone out there has some good tips! Hello? Pretty please?

#3 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

Hey, I'm glad you bumped this up. I missed it the first time around!

I would say to use color copies, instead of your actual photos. I think regular paper, whether it be heavier cardstock or lighter paper, would adhere better. Of course, never having done this, this is just a guess on my part.

As for what you use to adhere, I think your best bet would be decoupage glue. You would use this both as your glue, and as your sealer. To do this, put a layer of decoupage on the back of your picture and stick it to the block. Use a brayer or a squeegee of some sort to get the air bubbles out. (Kind of like you have to do when putting up wallpaper.) After that is dry, put a two layers of decoupage over the top of your image, letting the layers dry in between.

Hope this helps! And please show us your finished creation when you're done!
Jan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users