Acdsee Cataloging Problems? Help?!

Luvmy2boyz

I know another member was having this issue...so maybe she (carych :2468who-do-we-appreciate: you've figure it out?) help too?

Basically, I"ve downloaded the 30 day trial for ACDSee 10. I started doing the cataloging of the files BUT an error interrupts it each time and ACDSee closes. What do I do to resolve this? So frustrating!!

TIA!

Deanne

Yeah, if you've got a bunch of files, it will give you that error. The program will basically "catalog" (meaning cache your images) as you go, so you don't really need to waste your time or your computer's time doing it all at once.

Yeah, if you've got a bunch of files, it will give you that error. The program will basically "catalog" (meaning cache your images) as you go, so you don't really need to waste your time or your computer's time doing it all at once.

Thanks Heidi!! So far this program is great...and yes, the cache is building quickly. That was big complaing (and the reason I started looking elsewhere) with Windows Photo Gallery. The cache didn't seem to be building at all - at a snails pace at least. ugh.

Can I ask you (cuz I think you'll know. lol)? If I just downloaded the trial (will be buying this though), do I need to download the patch for the RAW support? I'm wondering if it is now included in the program and the patch is for those who downloaded pre-patch?

Thanks!

Deanne

You know, I'm not entirely sure.

I downloaded my version 10 pre-patch and never installed the patch. I never cared because I won't used those types of RAW files. ACDSee does support RAW, the patch is for certain types of RAW files that it didn't support before.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

If you have a trial version you are able to just enter your license version number in when you buy. So I would think if it didn't already have the capability yet you will need the patch after you buy. I had a previous version then upgraded to 10 so not sure what all they have changed on the trial versions now.

If you have a trial version you are able to just enter your license version number in when you buy. So I would think if it didn't already have the capability yet you will need the patch after you buy. I had a previous version then upgraded to 10 so not sure what all they have changed on the trial versions now.

Wendy - The trial version they are offering, now, is Manager 10.

Heidi - thank you for clarifying. When I looked at ACDSee, initially, I noted that it supported RAW. Though, in my poking around, I noted this RAW patch and wondered if the RAW support was an idea added after the intial release, kwim? :) Thanks again!

Archived