Broderbund Printmaster

Guest cathyok

Guest cathyok

Hey, I received PrintMaster as a gift and beginning to explore the program.

I have been using PSE4 and still learning it. PM has tons of graphic files.

Does anyone have any specific experience with using the programs with each other?

I started digi scrapping with Printmaster gold or platinum or something... I stopped using it and learned PSE because I had problems with it crashing (just freezing up then closing down...losing my work) when I would bring in two or more photos. I would assume if it is a newer version it would be able to handle the larger photo sizes/quality. Last I looked though the graphics are not jpg or png format so I couldn't pull them into PSE... has that changed?? Sorry I'm not sure how you could use them together unless the graphics files are compatable.

Broderbund's graphic files are product specific, they can't be used in other software. Plus, they are copyright protected so that they may not be used in anything other than within Broderbund software, even if you find a work around. The files are low res, too; not the 300 dpi quality you find here. They will print out nicely within their own software, but not when you remove them and transfer them as pdf's.

I know this: Broderbund was my client for 7 years and I have extensive experience with The Print Shop, PrintMaster and their other print production software. Their software is fine for the purpose it was created for: greeting cards and flyers for home use.

You are better off sticking with PSE alone.

The other PROBLEM with Broderbund and all of their GRAPHIC files is they are HUGE - I just forgot I had it loaded on my PC from years ago, and when I started to run low on Hard Drive space - guess what was one of the biggest culprits

all of the graphic files from BRODERBUND. And really, one you start using photoshop you don't need a program like that any longer. I don't think I ever really used it - someone just gave it to me - I loaded it and just forgot about it.

But, it does use up a lot of space...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cathyok

Thanks for all your input........this was kinda my initial feeling. Will keep in mind the information about the files sizes and using up hard drive space.......

ScrapGirls know everything about everything!!!

Appreciate you!

Cathy

Archived