2 replies to this topic

#1 SewKitty

SewKitty

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

I don't have my audio book just yet. I was hoping to have it today but apparently Amazon is not on the same timeline I am!
I have been trying to get through the Eckhart Tolle "A New Earth" audio book. OMG is he boring to listen to! I think the book has some great content. Problem is I can hardly stay awake to listen to it! I am suppose to be "Awakening my lifes purpose" but cannot stay awake to hear it! LOL
I had to listen to CD one TWICE! I zoned out and missed most of it. I am looking forward to Sandra Lee's audio book. She reads it and her voice I KNOW is much more lively!
I will let you know when my book finally arrives:-)
Hugs,
Eliza/Sewkitty

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 AvidReader

AvidReader

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

Eliza,
Your comment about "Awakening my lifes purpose" but can't stay awake cracked me up. Eckart is deffinately an aquired taste. I had to approach this as a meditation when I listened to The Power of Now. Although that one is more of a conversation with another person. His insights have caused me to slow way down and I have changed how I look at my life and how I look at others. I pay more attention to what Jesus tought as in LOVING others and not judging (which has been a big problem in my past 2 churches-to may rules I guess). And being happy with where I am and with what I have. No more striving. The things I have heard for so long all of a sudden made since coming from his perspective. Maybe it was just like not hearing our mothers and having to hear it from another source, or it's AGE! Over 40 and we get so much wisdom B). Anyway, just thought I let you know I enjoyed a laugh.

#3 SewKitty

SewKitty

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

Sherri,
I put that book aside for now. I did start another book because the Sandra Lee one took so long to get to me. As soon as I finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I will go on to Sandra Lee. Of course this is the longest HP so far. I do enjoy listening to them though:-)
Eliza/Sewkitty

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users