Saturday Color Challenge

CRS

What is your favorite color? Do you use it in your layouts? My favorite color is green, but I don't seem to use it often....too much purple and pink in my layouts, thanks to my girls!

For today's challenge, I challenge you to create a layout using your favorite color!

I haven't felt much like scrapping lately, but I hope to get back into it today. I'll post my layout as soon as I finish it.

You can post your layouts in this gallery here. I can't wait to see everyone's favorite colors!

Wow, the perfect challenge, and I just finished one this morning in my favorite and your's (just making points with you Carla, my friend who happens to control the Bingo numbers), but it happens to be PINK! I'll be posting it very soon... Just last minute touches and walla you will have a post to your challenge..

Oh, I just re read it your favorite it green - oh maybe if I change all of their costumes to green - and change all of the elements to green - oh, never mind - My favorite is PINK..

Lately I've been finding all kinds of "new" favorite colors, thanks to ChristyVW and the link to the adobe color site!!! So this is going to be interesting. I'm loving the new "retro" colors from the 50's that have been popping up, like that cool turquoise and teals. I've been organizing and not doing layouts :rolleyes:, I'll try and take a break. DH is working a double today, so It's a totally all day affair today, :P

My favorite colors are purple and green. I'm working on my lo now, but having a problem and couldn't find an answer

in the University or Google thus far. How do you make rounded corners on your photos in PSE6?

What time is the chat today?

Love,

Marilyn

Yep, looks like there are going to be quite a few purplish layouts - purple has been my favorite color since I was a little girl - I even had my bridesmaids wear lavendar gowns and the best man & ushers lavendar shirts (I'm not sure the guys were very happy with that choice) LOL! :dancingelephant: So purple it is for me! :dancingelephant:

Well.... I may not join in, cause this isn't really a challenge for me... My favorite color is pink, and I use it probably too much... I think I'll vary this up a little bit and use a color that isn't my favorite :) Hows that for an idea? I think I'll go with green... I have very little green in my LO's. (Ps. Is that legal to do? LOL) I like to challenge myself, but pink, that's not a challenge! LOL

Chelsea, absolutely use a color you don't use often! I'm very flexible with the challenges, lol!

Marilyn,

I don't use PSE6, but in PSE5, there was a custom shape that was a rectangle with rounded corners. You can use that tool to create a shape the size you want, simplify it, and use it as a clipping mask to round the corners of your photo. Place the shape under your photo and adjust the size and shape to your needs. Then, with the photo the active layer, use control+G for the clipping mask. If it turns out the way you want, then merge the layers. If not, you can undo it.

I also have Ro's corner brushes, and use those as erasers to erase the harsh point on the photo. Just a thought if you have those!

Debi, Love the layout! My youngest is picking the bingo words today, so watch for them! I do like pink and purple, because I'm surrounded by it from the girls! But my favorite color has always been green, any shade, doesn't matter!

Funny thing is I remember as a child I had a girlfriend with a purple bedroom and I hated it. Now as an adult I LOVE purple, how we change huh? Since I have a hard steering away from purples and pinks I'm gonna do an opposite and use the blue from the Raindance collection I just bought and do ds page for once. I bought Raindance for my MIL's surprise invitations I'm making and that's her favorite color but I will make it 2 fold now. Thanks for the challenge and gettin me moving one way or another.

Blue and green seem to be a favorite for this challenge, maybe because psychologically they are so calming and most of us have very hectic lives! I've been wondering what to do with this photo because I love it but didn't seem to warrant its own page. I was wrong. I used brushes (new for me) and added color to it. Thank you for the challenge!

Winter Survivor

I found a little time about midnight to get this one done...so I waited until this morning to post it. I have been working on this picture for a little while doing different things to restore it. It wasn't preserved very well, and had lots of color spots and marks on it.

My birthday is just around the corner and once again I finally scrapped something for me. One day I will do a "Me" album.

Love me, Love my teddy.

Archived