Any Mac Users Still Up? Question About Them...

Wxchic

Hey, I just wanted to put in a plug for iWork! I haven't had any problem with it whatsoever. I avoid all Microsoft products so I can't compare it to Office. iWork seems to be much better than Appleworks and I actually liked that program as well. iWork comes with a translator so you can read and send things in Word format. I can finally read PowerPoint things that people send me. Woo hoo! There is a free trial on Apple's website. My brother bought my mom the family pack so I could have a copy, too. Isn't that sweet? ;)

~Zaz

Couple questions I have for current MacBook users: I have a G4 right now and desperately want a MacBook or MacBook Pro. When I looked at the specs for the MacBooks it claimed n protocol for the internet. It said nothing about 802.11g. I know n is the wave of the future, but I only have a 802.11g router on a FiOS connection. Do you have any trouble connecting to the internet on your notebook? Is anyone running older software on the MacBook? I haven't upgraded my Photoshop (7) and I'm wondering what it will run like on MacBook since it is not written for duo processors.

:dunno:

I have no problem connecting my macair (n protocol) to my existing router (g). Obviously just limits it to the speed of the router, though. Also just got the time capsule, (which has the n for the router) and my air finds either one and works just fine.

Couple questions I have for current MacBook users: I have a G4 right now and desperately want a MacBook or MacBook Pro. When I looked at the specs for the MacBooks it claimed n protocol for the internet. It said nothing about 802.11g. I know n is the wave of the future, but I only have a 802.11g router on a FiOS connection. Do you have any trouble connecting to the internet on your notebook? Is anyone running older software on the MacBook? I haven't upgraded my Photoshop (7) and I'm wondering what it will run like on MacBook since it is not written for duo processors.

:dunno:

I have no problem connecting my macair (n protocol) to my existing router (g). Obviously just limits it to the speed of the router, though. Also just got the time capsule, (which has the n for the router) and my air finds either one and works just fine.

Oh I am so jealous. I haven't seen a MacAir in person, but boy they look cool. Thanks for the info!

Archived