I Just Want To Confirm...

I may have answered my own question but want to make sure. You can use different portions from different kits to make your own page or card right? I see that members make layouts or cards and use different parts of different kits.

Just want to make sure so I don't get in trouble. :banana:

Of course! You can use whatever you want :) Just be sure to list credits for what you use in your layouts.

Thank you. Listing credits would obviously if I posted here right? I mean because how would I do that on my layouts or cards? Sorry for the silly questions.....I'm new here.

Of course! You can use whatever you want :) Just be sure to list credits for what you use in your layouts.

Thank you. Listing credits would obviously if I posted here right? I mean because how would I do that on my layouts or cards? Sorry for the silly questions.....I'm new here.

Hello and welcome! One thing that I have gotten in the habit of doing is opening notepad and keeping inventory of products I use in a LO. When I have completed and saved the LO I will right click on it and go to properties and select the summary tab. In the comments window under the summary tab I will paste the inventory of products. That makes it easier for me to remember to keep track of what I used.

Oh yes! You only need to list the credits when you post your creations in the gallery or submit them for publication or something. And it's not a silly question... I guarantee others have asked (or wanted to ask!) the same thing!

welcome again :)

One thing that I have gotten in the habit of doing is opening notepad and keeping inventory of products I use in a LO. When I have completed and saved the LO I will right click on it and go to properties and select the summary tab. In the comments window under the summary tab I will paste the inventory of products. That makes it easier for me to remember to keep track of what I used.

This is a great idea to have it already entered digitally. I absolutely ABHOR (not a word I use frequently nor one I have ever capitalized before) entering the Meta Data when my LO is done. It's tedious and not at all creative. Not that I don't appreciate all that these great designers have done. To the contrary, I love the products!! But at the end of a very satisfying scrapping experience there always looms the metadata...ugh. By doing it little by little in notepad, then it's complete at the end. Just a cut and paste away from done. What do you do when you change your mind 8 zillion times on which paper you'll use for the 1x2 inch square....oops, I'm revealing my neuroses again! LOL!

Anyway, great suggestion Bride!

Debbie

One thing that I have gotten in the habit of doing is opening notepad and keeping inventory of products I use in a LO. When I have completed and saved the LO I will right click on it and go to properties and select the summary tab. In the comments window under the summary tab I will paste the inventory of products. That makes it easier for me to remember to keep track of what I used.

This is a great idea to have it already entered digitally. I absolutely ABHOR (not a word I use frequently nor one I have ever capitalized before) entering the Meta Data when my LO is done. It's tedious and not at all creative. Not that I don't appreciate all that these great designers have done. To the contrary, I love the products!! But at the end of a very satisfying scrapping experience there always looms the metadata...ugh. By doing it little by little in notepad, then it's complete at the end. Just a cut and paste away from done. What do you do when you change your mind 8 zillion times on which paper you'll use for the 1x2 inch square....oops, I'm revealing my neuroses again! LOL!

Anyway, great suggestion Bride!

Debbie

I enter my info in my Note Tab Pro which is a notepad clone.

It has more formating options.

I save that as a text file in same folder as my finished layout.

When I post my lo I just copy& paste from my text file to board directly.

Oh absolutely, you can do anything you want. Sometimes I use the products from one line and then there are times that I am allover my products. I think it all depends on what you are working on and how it all falls together... Hope you are having fun ! It sure sounds like it...

I know the thought of mixing and matching is a little crazy at first ;) but it is so much fun! I even went so far as to separate my kits (gasp!) and have found it really causes me to look at things differently! Good luck and have fun!

I know the thought of mixing and matching is a little crazy at first ;) but it is so much fun! I even went so far as to separate my kits (gasp!) and have found it really causes me to look at things differently! Good luck and have fun!

I'm afraid to separate my kits because I feel like I'll be looking for something and then won't know where it's at. I need to work on organizing but haven't figured it out. I'm completely overwhelmed.

Hi there,

That's one of the greatest advantages to digi-crafting... being able to mix & match collections. And being able to use them over and over again. To speed things along, when making an item which will appear in the gallery, I keep notepad open when designing. After adding a few new items & click over to my notepad & type in what I'm using. That way I don't have to go back when I'm finished & try to remember what all I used (especially when clipping masks cover item names in the Layers Palette).

I have 3 folders for my LO's. One titled "DigiScrap for Print" which holds hi-res files ready for the printers. The second is "DigiScrap for Web" which holds low-res files for the gallery. The third is "DigiScrap Pages", where I house all the psd files & their credits sheet (notepad file discussed above).

• 4 years later...

Jeanne Lee, I keep a big notebook ( physical one - not one on the computer) for all my layouts and as I start one I will head it with what challenge I am doing it for and the Title I want to give the page and then as I put the page together I list what I use - cross off things that I end up leaving off the page. Then when I remember I will add that to the file info which I can do in Photoshop or otherwise I just then type it all when I upload the layout to gallery.

Hi Brattylatina.

I don't think I have welcomed you, so welcome!

I've asked the same questions about supplies, and I do similar to what the others do. I open notepad, but I wait until I'm ready to close to .psd before I list. I change my mind so much! I save my notepad as "name of LO-supplies" and I keep mine with the copy I posted. I do have the three files, .psd's, to print, and to post. Then if I think of it, in PSE, I open File, file info, then copy/paste supplies from the notepad into the information section. I fill in other information like my name, name of LO, etc. and save. Save again (.psd) and your information will be in the EXIF info after you have pasted. sometimes it doesn't , so you can copy/paste it directly in your comment section under your posted LO, or go back to edit LO (at the right of your posted LO) and add it in your comment section.

I'm not good at directions, but I hope I haven't confused you.

It really inspires all of us if we know the supplies you use. Often I will purchase something I've seen someone else use. (Too often, according to my budget!):P

Archived