I Need More Challenges!

Guest DeeZee

Guest lesliefavela
So what are you going to do, DeeZee? One challenge for every 100 miles you drive the kids to classes? ROTFLOL :banana: Come and get me, if you can find me!!! hahahhahahahahhahahahaaa

LOL ... Leslie, you know all too well how many 100s of miles I drive :-) I swear I need to do a layout about it ... the 100 mile drive of nothing but flat fields and cows ...

OK, do y'all want a theme challenge, a color challenge or something else?

[quote name='DeeZee' date='Sep 10 2005, 05:55 AM']LOL ... Leslie, you know all too well how many 100s of miles I drive :-)  I swear I need to do a layout about it ... the 100 mile drive of nothing but flat fields and cows ...

OK, do y'all want a theme challenge, a color challenge or something else?
[right][post="23526"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

what about a theme challenge?? i mean really anything will do :disappearing-smilie:

Guest Juliet_A
Here's a Challenge for you, but it'll cost ya -

Right now just about every digital scrapbooking site on the planet has at least one charity kit for sale, including Scrapgirls' [url="http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.php?id=1081"]Hope Collection Biggie[/url].

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Acquire one of these kits.

2) create a Layout using the kit [i]exclusively[/i]

3) When posting the kit credits with the LO, mention the charity you supported by buying the kit.

It is entirely up to people other than me whether or not we would be permitted to post a link to where a charity kit from another site could be purchased.

If you have multiple charity kits, I would encourage you to post a different LO for each one.

[quote name='Juliet_A' date='Sep 12 2005, 06:28 PM']Here's a Challenge for you, but it'll cost ya -

Right now just about every digital scrapbooking site on the planet has at least one charity kit for sale, including Scrapgirls' [url="http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/product.php?id=1081"]Hope Collection Biggie[/url].

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to:

1) Acquire one of these kits.

2) create a Layout using the kit [i]exclusively[/i]

3) When posting the kit credits with the LO, mention the charity you supported by buying the kit.

It is entirely up to people other than me whether or not we would be permitted to post a link to where a charity kit from another site could be purchased.

If you have multiple charity kits, I would encourage you to post a different LO for each one.
[right][post="23583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

sounds good juliet! i've just purchased one from shabby princess called compassion! i'll have to get cracking on it!!!

I'm working on one.. just haven't gotten very far yet LOL! Life has been busy lately .... but I'm trying very hard :-) Thanks for the challenge... now about that deadline :-)

• 4 weeks later...
LOl would you believe I got sidetracked??? ugh! truly I do so much better with challenges but it's just not happening in the last few months.

Ladies, what are your tips for balancing life with scrapping? by the time i sit down here in the evening, I feel like my creativity has been sapped and I'm unable to create.

Balancing scrapping with life? Wow, that's a hard one to answer. Seems like every second of free time I get I'm usually too worn out to think of scrapping lately. Major creative blocks going on and not sure what to do as far as digital layouts go. Been spending time trying to get cola's bears book done, but it's surely a long ways from being done especially considering that I'm usually asleep not even minutes after the kids are. But, I did just get an idea for a layout to do in the book all of me, :rofl:. A layout of me experiencing a creative block, lol.

What would you say inspires you guys? Does it help to have a sketch, maybe a fun new color scheme, or a new font to play with? Do you like ad inspirations or scraplifting other great scrappers? I was just wondering what sort of challenges get you in that scrapping mood?

I know what helps me too is taking a lot of pictures! Then I get that one great picture I can't wait to make a page with. :) My problem is actually going to bed..... Once the kids are asleep it is so tempting for me to just play, play, play and forget that the baby still gets up at 6:00!

What really helps to inspire me as far as creating some of the pages is pure heart. I love photo's and taking photo's especially, but to think of the story behind each photo is what truly inspires me. The feelings as far as journaling goes are from the heart. Knowing that one day when someone else sees the scrapbooks I've made, that they too will be able to see into my heart what I felt and maybe, just maybe, they'll realize how special a certain photo was to me or how much it made me realize something in life. Scrapping for me as a writer, is quite difficult sometimes though, because I often find myself doing what others may consider too much journaling. I guess in my eyes it's truly about the photo's and how each of them tell a story. I enjoy sharing that story through my journaling and lots of details in re of the photo. :)

Archived