Have Your Read This?

anna

Last night, my DH was reading to DD before bed. He read her two new books that she had chosen from the library. One was called "The Dot" and the other was called "Ish" both by Peter Reynolds.

I was doing the dishes, and just listening to them read. They are both excellent.

I hadn't ever read either book before, but I liked them so much I just ordered them both. I need them in my collection. I think they should be read at least once a month, every time I start feeling less than adequate about my artistic abilities. Puts everything into perspective in a simple, straightforward kind of way. DD loved them as well.

If you haven't read them, run to your library and get them. Especially if you need a boost to your artistic selfesteem. :)

I actually received The Dot from a group of teachers that I led a two year retreat for. I absolutely love it! It was such a nice gift. I think it would make a great end of year gift if your child has a really special teacher that has helped them to discover their worth/stengths/individuality, etc. Great book. Thanks for reminding me of it. I think I will go re-read it.

Those look like great books. I think they would be perfect for my DS's birthday. My kids love art and this would be an excellent story of encouragement for him.

I put them in my Amazon cart so when I have money again, after my trip <s>...then I will buy and have my DGS read to me!!! I think I could enjoy and use both books...can't wait till the creatilogy is completed!!! Keep us posted!!!

Love,

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your book tips. I was wondering, do you think the books are OK for boys? I have a 9 yr old and a 13 yr old- definitely the "new man", sensitive types: would you recommend the books for either/both of my boys? Thanks a million- we are always on the lookout for recommended reading!

mia

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your book tips. I was wondering, do you think the books are OK for boys? I have a 9 yr old and a 13 yr old- definitely the "new man", sensitive types: would you recommend the books for either/both of my boys? Thanks a million- we are always on the lookout for recommended reading!

mia

I definitely plan to read them to my son when he gets a little older (he's not quite two right now, and prefers to hit his sister with books rather than let me read to him...). I don't think they are feminine or girlie at all. But, I guess that is just my opinion.

Archived