Friday Customer Challenge 3/14/08

Zaz

Congratulations to our member scrap_horse! She submitted today's challenge and is now collecting her Scrap Girls prize! Email angela@scrapgirls.com to redeem your prize.

The challenge she submitted was:

What's your favorite new recipe, ingredient, or herb/spice that you have "discovered" or tried for the first time this past year?

Remember, post your layouts here: Gallery

I had a cute, little 4x6 layout all ready to go when PhotoShop ate it *burp*. My ingredient this past year is the newly beloved artichoke. I even went to the grocery store to take pictures of a couple. I'll post the layout when I get home this evening. I'll be gone all day as I have to go meet some Scrap Girls at a PhotoShop seminar in Minneapolis, but there will be other wonderful Welcoming Committee members stopping by in case you have any questions. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

**You can do be our Friday challenger too.....

Submit your idea to challenges@scrapgirls.com. If your unique challenge idea is chosen, you will win a prize (such as a brush set, paper set, embellishment set, etc.) The prize will be a surprise, but you'll be sure to like it because you will get to pick out the one you like best (from the category you'll be assigned to shop in when you are notified that we are going to use your challenge idea.)

Honestly I am completely clueless about this challenge....guess I will wait and see what some of the others come up with for inspiration. Off to my PSP to create some more Freebie Word Art for my blog.

Have fun at your seminar Zaz....I look forward to some new Spring/Easter Items in the boutique soon....I am getting bored with what I have....LOL.

here is mine finished while waiting for the doctor to call

thanks for the challenge

gonna save to make my kids recipes when they were growing up & put them in a binder so to speak so they always have the food they ate growing up.

TFL

Caren

speghetti

Does this mean I just DISCOVERED the recipe or that I had to really COOK IT!

I hate to COOK!!

I don't want to COOK something!

So, I guess I need clarification here! I've found some great recipes, some very challenging, but I wouldn't cook them.

Then again I found that the best Snacks to take to someone's home for appetizer's is Nancy's quiches. You buy them at Costco or Sam's and bake them (I can heat things up), and then put them on something pretty.

I can make a picture of those. And, they are soo tasty, can't just eat one.

So, do you have to really cook this dish or heat it up, or what's the deal...

Hmm, good challenge, except I don't really cook all that much, so I don't know if I have a favorite. Maybe I will see what others work on and get an idea from that.

Ah, see Julie has the same dilemma - another one who is smart enough not to really cook.

See we are Scrap Girls, and we don't have to really cook.. Reheat, call for reservations, call for take out, eat out...

Congratulations to our member scrap_horse! She submitted today's challenge and is now collecting her Scrap Girls prize! Email angela@scrapgirls.com to redeem your prize.

The challenge she submitted was:

What's your favorite new recipe, ingredient, or herb/spice that you have "discovered" or tried for the first time this past year?

Remember, post your layouts here: Gallery

I had a cute, little 4x6 layout all ready to go when PhotoShop ate it *burp*. My ingredient this past year is the newly beloved artichoke. I even went to the grocery store to take pictures of a couple. I'll post the layout when I get home this evening. I'll be gone all day as I have to go meet some Scrap Girls at a PhotoShop seminar in Minneapolis, but there will be other wonderful Welcoming Committee members stopping by in case you have any questions. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

**You can do be our Friday challenger too.....

Submit your idea to challenges@scrapgirls.com. If your unique challenge idea is chosen, you will win a prize (such as a brush set, paper set, embellishment set, etc.) The prize will be a surprise, but you'll be sure to like it because you will get to pick out the one you like best (from the category you'll be assigned to shop in when you are notified that we are going to use your challenge idea.)

Wow, Zaz you finally have a Siggy - what prompted that... I'm very impressed. It fits you, I like it. But, mine is automated, and sparkles with a shining star...

Sure wish I had a brad page..

I'll have to think on this one because I haven't tried anything new much lately with the oral surgery I had...As to Herbs my all time favorite was and still is Dillweed :) Pretty much add it to almost everything. Too bad I don't have a digital camera because then I can take a photo of the dillweed mixed into cottage cheese...Yummy!

Sorry to gross the rest of you out hehehe...

All your ideas sound good - even the dill. I think dill and cottage cheese would be good. I like capers and cottage cheese.

And Vaughnde - love your new Siggy! So stimulating ;-)

Thank for Debi for the comment on my new Siggy - my Secret Pal made it for me and sent it to me! I just love it.

And the instructions for this challenge didn't specifically say "cook" it was an ingredient (a menu item surely qualifies) that you have "tried" for the first time this year!

I guess if I want to play along with this challenge, I'm going to have to download the sushi collection - have you ever tried eel sushi? Absolutely marvelous. Wish I had some right now so I could take a picture. Might have to make a run to Wegman's and get some this afternoon.

Hmm, good challenge, except I don't really cook all that much, so I don't know if I have a favorite. Maybe I will see what others work on and get an idea from that.

Ah, see Julie has the same dilemma - another one who is smart enough not to really cook.

See we are Scrap Girls, and we don't have to really cook.. Reheat, call for reservations, call for take out, eat out...

Cook? Who has time to cook? I am too busy collecting and organizing my recipes! LOL

Besides, we promise not to tell if you submit a layout you didn't really cook. We are very good at being sneaky like that!

I'll have to think on this one because I haven't tried anything new much lately with the oral surgery I had...As to Herbs my all time favorite was and still is Dillweed :) Pretty much add it to almost everything. Too bad I don't have a digital camera because then I can take a photo of the dillweed mixed into cottage cheese...Yummy!

I use Dill a lot - on carrots (steamed) on fish on lots of things, love my dill... You have Great taste my friend V.

Hey, had to edit this, as that implyed that I might cook, don't want to give anyone the wrong Idea, I meant, It might taste good on carrots, or fish, just sounded like it might, how would I know, because I don't cook...(oh and deviled eggs, too, I mean It sounds like it would be good on them)...

I use Dill a lot - on carrots (steamed) on fish on lots of things, love my dill... You have Great taste my friend V.

Hey, had to edit this, as that implyed that I might cook, don't want to give anyone the wrong Idea, I meant, It might taste good on carrots, or fish, just sounded like it might, how would I know, because I don't cook...(oh and deviled eggs, too, I mean It sounds like it would be good on them)...

:rofl: :rofl: I am laughing really hard here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really are FUNNY Debilou! I believe you DO cook because you have to...not because you WANT to :) You'd rather be scrapping away at any given moment if it wasn't for the fact that we need to eat to stay alive!

Well, it seems like this one has been a bit too challenging. ;) I can't believe there is only one layout in the gallery tonight! I think you are all over-thinking this one. Didn't you try anything new this year? If not, maybe it's time! Maybe you need to scrap something you'd LIKE to try.

I still can't get my artichoke layout off PhotoShop. :( I'll try again in the morning.

'Night!

Maybe if we go for sushi today at lunch I'll take my camera!

No time limit, right? Actually, I was going to photograph the Dutch Potatoes I had for dinner last night, but forgot about it until they were all gone...

Our grocery store has just recently begin carrying these precious little potatoes!

Ok, to those of you who doubted my ability to cook, here's my Entry into the Bake off or whatever this challenge was for you ZAZ:

Debi's Easter Cookies

A delicious recipe I made all by myself, well with a litll help from my friends....

And, I saved bunny ears for you Zaz... But, you have to see the LO, now won't you..

You really are FUNNY Debilou! I believe you DO cook because you have to...not because you WANT to :) You'd rather be scrapping away at any given moment if it wasn't for the fact that we need to eat to stay alive!

Now do you believe I cook, or do I pretend to cook!!! Hey do you like my fine china plate, made that all by my self, blend modes are my friend... Oh and Styles. I wish I could really use it as it's pretty, but like the cookies, it's a made up plate... A debi original..

I'm trying to keep up with my challenge to myself to do all the March challenges. My newest favorite snack is pumpkin butter on curried tandoori bread. It may sound weird, but DH came up with the combo, and I can assure that it is definitely yummy!

Here's the link: Link

Well, it seems like this one has been a bit too challenging. ;) I can't believe there is only one layout in the gallery tonight! I think you are all over-thinking this one. Didn't you try anything new this year? If not, maybe it's time! Maybe you need to scrap something you'd LIKE to try.

Zaz, I think the challenges you post (pig day, St. Urho....) are just so interesting that we girls have trouble staying off the little rabbit trails! Maybe we'll all scrap in a more timely fashion once they stop counting our posts!! (Hope your conference was fun. I was a little jealous.)

Zaz, I think the challenges you post (pig day, St. Urho....) are just so interesting that we girls have trouble staying off the little rabbit trails! Maybe we'll all scrap in a more timely fashion once they stop counting our posts!! (Hope your conference was fun. I was a little jealous.)

Yeah, the posting contests always put a damper on my scrapping. I wonder why? ;) And the threads get lost in the games.

I had a WONDERFUL time at the seminar (I hope that's okay)! I learned an ENORMOUS amount while sitting next to two really cool Scrap Girls. It was perfect! Now I have to spend every spare moment practicing what the teacher was teaching. He made it all look so incredibly easy. Of course, he was one of the first 10 users of PhotoShop so he's had a bit of practice. ;)

I still don't have access to PhotoShop on this computer, but maybe I'll get a spare moment on my laptop today during naptime and I can start over. I hate not having my layout here, too.

Yeah, the posting contests always put a damper on my scrapping. I wonder why? ;) And the threads get lost in the games.

I had a WONDERFUL time at the seminar (I hope that's okay)! I learned an ENORMOUS amount while sitting next to two really cool Scrap Girls. It was perfect! Now I have to spend every spare moment practicing what the teacher was teaching. He made it all look so incredibly easy. Of course, he was one of the first 10 users of PhotoShop so he's had a bit of practice. ;)

I still don't have access to PhotoShop on this computer, but maybe I'll get a spare moment on my laptop today during naptime and I can start over. I hate not having my layout here, too.

Sounds to me like you might need to reinstall photoshop on the desktop or at least go back to where it was before it started having problems? Those are the pits aren't they :(

Hey Vaughnde!

Is this a new siggy? Very Nice! I love it!

Archived