Fall Avatar Challenge

Guest jlf_loves_mjf

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
Haven't changed your avatar since you joined? Tisk tisk. Take our challenge to update your avatar to enjoy the Fall! If you have a character, dress them up for Halloween. If you don't, make a Jack-o-lantern or some other Fall scene. Have fun and be creative!

Okay, I know it isn't the greatest, but my avatar is actually now a carving of a pumpkin I did of my youngest daughter last halloween. The pattern took a bit of time to make considering it was my very first time trying it and the carving itself took hours, but in the end I loved how it turned it, :). For a little better view of the how it turned out, see here: [img]http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~valerieh/pumpkin_will_look_something_like_this4.gif[/img] :) I lit up the inside with an el cheapo flashlight from the dollar store, :).

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
If you have a yahoo account, you can go to avatars.yahoo.com and make an avatar for your yahoo account with different clothes, hairstyles, etc. I then zoomed in on my avatar's face and took a screen capture which I pulled into photoshop and removed the white background and put her on Tonya's Frightful Collection.

i can't figure this avatar thing out.
i go in, delete my old avatar. then i browse and add the new one.
then when i submit it, the old one comes up again. i've tried numerous times with no luck. i just can't get rid of that old one. so what am i doing wrong?

and nelly says she changed hers, but it's still her old avatar. so maybe she's having a similar problem?

and then there is Valerie, who's so advanced in avatars hers flashes between two pictures. good grief.

HELP!

but yours did change, mandy!

and if you knew how long it took me to figure out how to make a simple flashing gif in photoshop CS2 (something changed along the way, I swear it used to be easier), you would not be at all impressed.

mandy... try to empty your cache, unless you've already restarted your computer.

in FireFox>Preferences>Cache select clear

in Safari>Empty Cache

it's ok to come out from behind your computer now!

mine wouldn't show either

Guest Ali-b-crafty
managed to get an avatar, bit small, best try again. I tried the yahoo thing but could'nt get it here what am I not doing?

Why is the maximum avatar size so tiny? I went to upload mine, but your max size is only 64x64, the smallest I'd seen before was 80x80. I'll try to shrink one down, but is it possible to have the max setting checked for a little larger size?

Thanks!!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/BubblyKori/kld_VioletWitch-Kori.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived