Creative Memories Storybook Plus And Ps

stephf

Does anyone know if the add-on's (templates, etc) that you can purchase from Creative Memories will work with Photoshop CS3? I don't have the full blown CM Storybook Plus but would like to use some of the add on's that you can purchase. Thanks.

On the product description for the CM Digital Power Palettes and add-ons it says "Digital Power Palettes require StoryBook Creator Plus Software." I assume that means that the components can't be used in PS, but I'm not certain of that. I only use the free version of the StoryBook Creator to create my StoryBooks (with layouts using SG products and created in PS) and haven't invested in the CM Plus software or the palettes and add-ons, so I'm not sure what kind of files they are. I would think if the CM digital stuff is downloaded as .jpg or .png files you should be able to use them in PS, but if they're some software-specific file type you wouldn't be able to.

I can't do it right now, but I'll be happy to call CM headquarters to find out for sure a little later today or tomorrow if you'd like :) (If no one comes along with a definitive answer)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the add-on's (templates, etc) that you can purchase from Creative Memories will work with Photoshop CS3? I don't have the full blown CM Storybook Plus but would like to use some of the add on's that you can purchase. Thanks.

I use Storybook Plus, and guessing by the file type that came with the program I'm guessing that the add-ons wouldn't work with any other program.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
No, you aren't able to use the kits from CM in other programs.

while you won't be able to download the CM embellishments and directly use them in PS, if you have the StoryBook Creator Plus program, you are able to add the embellishments to a page, and then save the item as a png file and then use it in PS.

It's a lot of extra work, but if they have something you like, it can be done. I like the SBC+ program because of it's ease of use, and the fact that I can also use the pngs from ScrapGirls and other sites in the program as well. The only thing I have not figured out a way to use in it are abr files.

steph

Archived