Word Art

kimmybutton

Okay, all of you organization queens (I'm one myself :disappearing-smilie:) I would love suggestions as to how to organize all the word art I have collected. I presently have it in folders such as seasons, holidays, love, family, babies, collection, etc., but there are now too many folders. What do you do with all the phrases, conjunctions, pronouns, etc. I don't use it as much as I would like to because I don't feel like wading through it all.

I have them all in one folder, but instead of organizing them to find what I need, I save all the word art PNG sheets and look at those to find what I want. Far fewer files to wade through, and then it's easy to find what I want.

I have been lazy with my word art. I just save them to a folder with the Designers initials in Alphabetical order. I'm sure there are better ways, but hey when the lazy bug strikes, I go with it !!! But, thanks for posting this, I will definitely be watching for a better way !!!

I keep them still by collection.. kinad... They are under a folder with their collection name. As the collections have "themes" i can easily know which folder to go into and look for. So if i wanted a fall like word art, i would go into my autumn/fall collections to find one. The freebie ones though, are just under the main word art folder... so my tree kinda looks like this

embellishments(folder)

word art(folder)

abr_scenicRoute(folder)

ABR_SweetWords(folder)

AMC_doodleicious(folder)

ABR_TitleIt_Life_Special_Family (image)

AMC_LoveNotes_Special_WordArt_Love(image)

anyways, thats how i do it :)

I've been thinking about this as well. My EHD is slow and opening the word art folder takes forever! I wondered about categorizing, but somtimes I find something I had never considered by wading through the whole lot.

I'll watch this thread for more ideas. Thanks for asking, Kimmy!

Debbie

I tag them by subject (babies, sports, holidays, etc.) and type (phrases, quotes, single words, etc.).

In ACDSee you can type in the word art to the Notes area, and then do a search (Quick Search) for what you want that way, but I haven't gotten that far yet!

Archived