Scrap Girls Facebook Group

ScrapGirlsRo

I have a dumb question - I'm not a member of facebook. It sounds cool, and I've had several friends ask why I'm not a member, but I am hesitant. Some of these types of places automatically send out invitations to everyone in your contact list. Does Facebook do that when you sign up? And, are they going to fill up my inbox with advertisments and junk?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will send out invites, but only to whom you want them to be sent to. You can also set your preferences to how much mail you get from them. For instance, I only get mail when I get a new friend added, but that's it.

Seriously, join. I joined in April (wow, almost 6 months ago, now) and I've found friends, family & old high school friends that I never thought I'd hear from again.

Patti Danielson Harvey (on Facebook)

I joined the SG group on Facebook.

He he. My 22 year old DS finally accepted me as a friend on facebook. Does that mean I'm cool now?

I joined the SG group on Facebook.

He he. My 22 year old DS finally accepted me as a friend on facebook. Does that mean I'm cool now?

Sorry, Elisha, I don't think so. My 4 dd's accepted me as a friend and my youngest dd still call me and my dh the "dorkiest" people she knows! :disappearing-smilie: It is a very good way to keep up with the family, especially if you are separated by distance.

Zaz and HeidiD keep draging me back into facebook.. hehehe.. they are trying to get me addicted to a game! Its working...

Ya'll are welcome to be come my friend!

Angela

They've gotten me addicted too Angela, but it's lots of fun!

I am loving this facebook thing. It actually seems like a 'cool' way to keep in touch with my DD at college and even my niece that is in HS. She would NEVER email her Aunt Kim, but she will write on my wall. My DD's roomies have even requested to be my friend!

Zaz and HeidiD keep draging me back into facebook.. hehehe.. they are trying to get me addicted to a game! Its working...

Ya'll are welcome to be come my friend!

Angela

Yup. We're a couple of meanies. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I probably said it ages ago, but I'm Carol Ann Petersen on Facebook and I love having lots of friends there. Beware, though. I like SuperPoke and you might get a sheep thrown at you. Send a friend request and tell me you're from ScrapGirls, though, since I don't add anyone that I don't recognize. :)

Btw, even Moss is on Facebook. ;)

I probably said it ages ago, but I'm Carol Ann Petersen on Facebook and I love having lots of friends there. Beware, though. I like SuperPoke and you might get a sheep thrown at you. Send a friend request and tell me you're from ScrapGirls, though, since I don't add anyone that I don't recognize. :)

Btw, even Moss is on Facebook. ;)

I wanna be friends with Moss:) A friend recently drug me onto Facebook, so I'll head over and check out the SG group:)

I've been on FB for a while now. I joined the SG FB when I noticed this thread.

I have had a blast reconnecting with people. I found my 3 best college roomies and we are all friends now (20 years later), and I've found a ton of hs friends too!

Come on and join us.......OUCH Zaz kinda pokes hard. LOL!! :)

I have had a blast reconnecting with people. I found my 3 best college roomies and we are all friends now (20 years later), and I've found a ton of hs friends too!

*runs off to SuperPoke Conda*

*runs off to SuperPoke Conda*

It was a shoe-OUCH!!

Archived