Scrap Girls Facebook Group

ScrapGirlsRo

Yep, been using the chat function for some time....it's nice to know who's available. As far as removing friends, go to the FB home page and click on the "friends" bar at the top. You will be taken to your friends page. Then click on the "friends" option on the left edge. A list of all your friends (with avatars) will open. Each avatar has an X in the upper right corner. Click on that and they will be removed. I hope this is right, I haven't actually had to dump anyone yet, but it says that clicking that X will remove them. Hope it works for you.

Thanks Ann - I will try it this pm when I go back into FB - I just discovered the chat - kind of neat - I had a couple of chats while there - it was fun!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started exploring Face Book - not at all sure about it and certainly not knowing the ins and outs. What I like is once I joined (I actually did it to see mt grand daughters profile) I have already caught up with a couple old friends I lost track of which is cool.

There have been a couple people who have asked to be friends because we have the same last name. Since its not a common name the potential for genealogy type connections is there. But is there a way to message them and find out what that connection is before you accept as friend???

I use to consider myself fairly computer and internet competent but technology is starting to leave this grandma in the dust.

I just started exploring Face Book - not at all sure about it and certainly not knowing the ins and outs. What I like is once I joined (I actually did it to see mt grand daughters profile) I have already caught up with a couple old friends I lost track of which is cool.

There have been a couple people who have asked to be friends because we have the same last name. Since its not a common name the potential for genealogy type connections is there. But is there a way to message them and find out what that connection is before you accept as friend???

I use to consider myself fairly computer and internet competent but technology is starting to leave this grandma in the dust.

yes there is!!! click on their name, which should be in a blue link color. It will take you to their profile page. Even if they have their page set for friends only to view, you should see a link right under theirphoto to send them a message!

:)

Angela N.

• 6 months later...

I've been a member of Facebook for a long time, although I'm not on it too much any more. I do on occasionally though, so I have linked to ScrapGirls just now. If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my Facebook name is Heather (Scott) Whitman and I'm using Tok's photo right now. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

i am not on facebook...afraid that i wont have the time...dont have enough time to scrap and take photos as it is...can anyone explain why and whats of facebook? dont know why i would need it

i am not on facebook...afraid that i wont have the time...dont have enough time to scrap and take photos as it is...can anyone explain why and whats of facebook? dont know why i would need it

You don't need Facebook, but if you want to meet people or find people, or just play little games where you send each other gifts, then it's a great site. It's probably one of the most popular sites there is and I say that because it has become a buzz word. I used to play on it a lot and used it to search for old school friends but haven't used it much lately. It's still there for me though, whenever I want to sign in and touch base. :-)

I like to keep in touch with family and friends that I don't see very often. I update my status and read theirs. You can also post pictures. I check mine at least 2X per day. It doesn't take that much time unless you have a lot of friends.

My SG Facebook Group has gotten all mixed up with my regular FB page or my regular FB page has gotten all mixed up with my SG Facebook Group - not sure which way it happened and not sure how to fix it - FB is great and I have found and been found by so many friends of the past - and keep in touch with a lot of my family members this way and although I get the occasional "friend" that I have never heard of I still enjoy it.

My SG Facebook Group has gotten all mixed up with my regular FB page or my regular FB page has gotten all mixed up with my SG Facebook Group - not sure which way it happened and not sure how to fix it - FB is great and I have found and been found by so many friends of the past - and keep in touch with a lot of my family members this way and although I get the occasional "friend" that I have never heard of I still enjoy it.

Sara, if you go into your friends list, you can make folders, like - family, friends, ScrapGirls, etc. To the right of each friend, there is a little drop down box that you can select which folder to put them in. There is also an area in settings of options, like who can see what on your profile.

When people add you and you see the popup requesting them to add you, there's a littel link that tells you if they have friends in common with you. Most times these people are relatives or friends of relatives and friends, unless you have your name on an add me list. I have tons of people that I don't know because they are on a games list and add me list. I put them into my games folder and it is set to privacy, so they can't see all my family and friends, or add them to their friends list. A lot of gamers will add everyone on other people's lists, in order to get members up for their games. Of course, you have the option to say no and not have them on your lists.

I hope this little bit of information helps. :-)

Thanks, Heather - I will go in and try that. I have not been on FB enough to really know how to navigate around it much - it just grew suddenly before I knew it! And I do get some requests for a "friend" and if I don't know that name then I say no or ignore -

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Uh-Oh! That's not good, Carol - I honestly only get on mine when I see that someone has posted on there for me. I did get on there and post about Rich's surgery because there are so many people with whom we stay in touch and it was the only way I could keep up with it all but I am really not on there that much. Are you talking about ads and stuff on FB?

Archived