Scrap Girls Facebook Group

ScrapGirlsRo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was already a facebook member, now I'm in the scrapgirls group. Now the trick will be to connect names on facebook with scrapgirls user names. Some were pretty easy, some not so much

Hmm...I might be one of those confusing ones. But I actually put my photo on there. Didn't you recognize my eye? :D

Okay, senior moment happening here. I scurried over to Facebook and tried to add a comment to the post about our Scrap Girls user names. Clicked on the help menu, pulled up the instructions and followed them and nothing. Clicked on the title of the note, scrolled down to the bottom of the page.....NO BOX to write comments in. HELP! :unsure:

Finally figured it out. Their help menu is of no help, as most are. What they don't tell you is that you have to join the group before you can do anything. Even their "getting started" does not help very much. Pooh on their help section.

:dunno:

My daughter calls yesterday afternoon, "Mom, did you get a facebook?!?" And no it didn't do it to spy on my teens, hmm dd#2 didn't add me to her friends....

April my 19yr old did the same thing, lol, she thinks it so funny that Mom is on Facebook:)

I joined. I haven't done much there yet, though. I'll have to check it out soon!

I half worry what my 20 yo DD will think if she finds me there...should I add her as a friend? Will she think I'm 'spying'? Some of your posts encourage me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gloomy_liv

i'm glad i didn't miss this post.. I've now joined the SG Facebook group! :) YAY! :)

I've been on Facebook for awhile, but haven't joined any groups because they just weren't worthy. Now I think I will!

I'm in a bunch of groups and it drives me crazy when no one answers your posts!! Why be in a group if you aren't going to participate? (Maybe I should go post something in the Scrap Girls group! LOL)

It's just another way to hook up. The thing about Facebook is that people can join and then invite their friends, who invite their friends who invite their friends, etc. It's a neat way to get out the word about something you're doing. You also get a way to find out more about the people you know because of the profile information.

Go in and read my profile and you'll see what I mean.

If you join up, you can request to be my friend and I'll accept you as one.

Promise Ro? You won't reject me? :rofl:

It's just another way to hook up. The thing about Facebook is that people can join and then invite their friends, who invite their friends who invite their friends, etc. It's a neat way to get out the word about something you're doing. You also get a way to find out more about the people you know because of the profile information.

Go in and read my profile and you'll see what I mean.

If you join up, you can request to be my friend and I'll accept you as one.

Promise Ro? You won't reject me? :rofl:

I'd even take you as a friend. They are my favorite things to collect! :D

Okay, being the Facebook newbie that I am....what are the cookies, the chocolate, the green spot things? I've been hesitant to accept anything. My poor PC can't have any more running than necessary and the pop-up pages that come with these things scare me a little...

There are all kinds of applications and games you can play. Most of them are a waste of time though, and they are set up so people on your list can send you an invitation when they join. It's a little like facebook spam. I have a bunch added that I don't even play and should just delete. There are some fun ones though. I just finished a Scrabulous game with my sister!

The games are fun, especially when you challenge someone else. A lot of the apps we do are just fun ways of showing our love for each other...the hugs, chocolate, etc. The Lil Green Spot is rather cool, tho. For every flower you send, donations are made by the sponsers (I guess) to help save the rainforest. It keeps a tally of how much of the rainforest you've saved. It's a good thing. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived