Scrap Girls Facebook Group

ScrapGirlsRo

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a FB funny. I got an email with a Friend request and I thought the name was Paula Wright. So I thought, oh, cool, Paula has joined FB, so I did Confirm Request. I did think it was kind of odd that she had a man's picture as her avatar, but I'm always in such a hurry these days, I didn't pay much attention. Well, when I was on FB today, I noticed that I am seeing updates for this man named Paul Wright, from Manchester, England. I haven't the faintest idea who he is, but he's a big fan of Manchester United Football team! LOL

Any idea how I can delete a friend from my list???

That's funny Jan. I barely know how to get to facebook so i can't help you delete your manchester buddy. i just today found the SG group. I haven't even posted a photo yet. I do have three friends form work and my son, DIL and GD.

Hi everyone...I haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted everyone to know I signed up on Facebook, now I just hope I can remember to get on there once in a while. I wanted to tell my SG friends that my name on Facebook is Celeste Hoffman, as my "normal name" could be found by people I don't wish to know me on there, so just wanted to update all of you. Hope everyone is having a wonderful new year and I look forward to getting back into the boards again soon.

Okay, I've been a member of Facebook for a while now and I'm connected with Scrapgirls, but beyond signing up and getting these strange requests for plants.. I haven't figured out the real purpose of it. maybe I just don't have a lot of time to spend on it. I did get involved in a game but I never found out who the other players were.. I never thought of myself as technologically challenged but I really have not figured out Facebook. Everything I do I seem to have to download something new. I guess I must need someone to lead me by the hand. I have had a few old friends connect to me, but then we are connected.. then what happens? So far nada.

Same here, I have added bunches of friends (including Moss), made a few posts and shared a lovely video, but really, who cares what I'm doing right now, except chatting right here. OK, maybe I'll get hooked into it. My DIL is really big into it. I just don't have the time, but then I don't have time to hang out here either. LOL

I probably said it ages ago, but I'm Carol Ann Petersen on Facebook and I love having lots of friends there. Beware, though. I like SuperPoke and you might get a sheep thrown at you. Send a friend request and tell me you're from ScrapGirls, though, since I don't add anyone that I don't recognize. :)

Btw, even Moss is on Facebook. ;)

Well, Carol Ann, I am on Facebook, but don't know how to "join" the SG group. My nieces and nephews got me to join it after my sister died so we could keep in touch. How do you join "a group?"

Okay, I've been a member of Facebook for a while now and I'm connected with Scrapgirls, but beyond signing up and getting these strange requests for plants.. I haven't figured out the real purpose of it. maybe I just don't have a lot of time to spend on it. I did get involved in a game but I never found out who the other players were.. I never thought of myself as technologically challenged but I really have not figured out Facebook. Everything I do I seem to have to download something new. I guess I must need someone to lead me by the hand. I have had a few old friends connect to me, but then we are connected.. then what happens? So far nada.

Ditto to what Joy just said.

Same here, I have added bunches of friends (including Moss), made a few posts and shared a lovely video, but really, who cares what I'm doing right now, except chatting right here. OK, maybe I'll get hooked into it. My DIL is really big into it. I just don't have the time, but then I don't have time to hang out here either. LOL

Same here for all of the above. I just always forget about FB, and so never go and visit until I get an email from someone. I guess I'm just not a chatty person outside of SG, that is.

Ditto to what Joy just said.

Same here for all of the above. I just always forget about FB, and so never go and visit until I get an email from someone. I guess I'm just not a chatty person outside of SG, that is.

Well, I joined too - but think most of my chatting is still with SG. I have way too much fun here to change things up but will stay on FB just for the fun of it. It was kind of neat to see real names of SG members on there though.

I joined for SG, but several of the people I work with are on with me too. Then there's my DIL and her family. Still have no intention of "getting into" it. just an occassional check in now and then.

The thing is - that EVERYONE can read what you have written - not that I have anything I am ashamed of to say - but at least here, on the MB, we can pour our hearts out, scream with laughter and surprise, or just ask for a simple prayer and it's only we SGers who read it. My family is on my FB and I keep getting these messages that I need and see who just might have a crush on me, which leads me straight into "oh, and we need your credit card info to go any further_......so I am enjoying it newness of it but think I will keep my good news and my bad news and my inbetween news right here at SG.

• 1 month later...
Valerie, can you post a link to Moss' Facebook page, if he's really on there for real? I wanna be Moss' friend!

Sorry I missed this, here is Moss: Moss on Facebook

The thing is - that EVERYONE can read what you have written - not that I have anything I am ashamed of to say - but at least here, on the MB, we can pour our hearts out, scream with laughter and surprise, or just ask for a simple prayer and it's only we SGers who read it. My family is on my FB and I keep getting these messages that I need and see who just might have a crush on me, which leads me straight into "oh, and we need your credit card info to go any further_......so I am enjoying it newness of it but think I will keep my good news and my bad news and my inbetween news right here at SG.

Just be aware. I would never post anything on Facebook that I would consider private or very personal. Even in those fun games like about 25 things about me. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

So I joined FB this weekend and I have actually caught up with a few friends from highschool, which was fun. I saw a thread somewhere about uploading layouts to your FB page, for those that do, do you have to resize them, or just as long as they are under the 4mb limit is it okay? I wanted to upload some to show friends and family, but I wasn't sure if you just upload like a regular photo or because I save at 12x12 if they have to be resized. I am finding it somewhat difficult to navigate my way around there still, so any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

Valerie, can you post a link to Moss' Facebook page, if he's really on there for real? I wanna be Moss' friend!

Sorry I missed this, here is Moss: Moss on Facebook

Just be aware. I would never post anything on Facebook that I would consider private or very personal. Even in those fun games like about 25 things about me. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

I agree with that! But I did have something really come out of being on FB - a family with whom I was very close while we were in the Air Force found me on FB - we had lost touch. And it was so much fun to catch up with them. But one good thing is that people do have to ask to see your FB page and you do not have to give permission. So far I have not run into any problems with people on there that I do not know who I know are just more friends of SGers who maybe don't belong to SG and have just found you on there - So, I like that part of it. But still, I will continue to save my joys and my problems for our MB where I know I am welcome and safe and cared about. I think if we all just keep that in mind and don't give out a lot of personal info we will be fine. I probably only check mine when I get a msg that someone has "poked" me or left me a msg. Otherwise, I rarely just get on there on my own. SG is home to me.

Well, I'm a facebook addict (it goes nicely with my SG addiction). Some of my status posts have had comments from friends from high school, friends from college, Jaycee friends, flickr friends, former work friends, church friends, MOPS friends and, of course, Scrap Girls friends. It was rather fun to see all these people interacting together. It was kind of like seeing my life come full circle. Oh, and now my DH's high school friends are befriending me. It's nice getting to know them better since we only usually see them once a year. I love playing games with Heidi and Shari and Ang and Tamara and... (you get the idea). I also mention the website of my favorite company (that would be www.scrapgirls.com) as often as politely possible. Oh, and I even reconnected with some Haitian adoption friends whom I haven't talked to since our kids came home. Some of them are paper scrappers so you know what I talk to them about. ;)

Let's just say that I think it's an awesome thing. I poke people. They poke me back. It doesn't hurt and they know I was thinking of them today even for a few short moments. I like that. I have always been someone that thought they didn't have many friends. I'm feeling a bit better about that now. ;)

~Zaz aka Carol Ann Petersen (who is happy to befriend any Scrap Girl on facebook if they tell me who they are here)

P.S. Oh, yeah. I have some relatives as friends now, too. Who knew? ;)

I know lots of people with no common sense on Facebook! One lady I know posted updates about her husband's bad behavior and their seperation. She even named names... and the people who post "I lost my cell, my new number is 555-5555. Even if you have everything set to completely private, it's still out there!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MN_Scrapper

I had resisted joing, but finally signed up yesterday. Of course, ScrapGirls is one of the first groups I joined. I am still trying to figure out how much or how little info to put in my profile though.

• 2 months later...
Hey guys.

If you are a member of Facebook or if you have wondered what it is all about, come on over and join the Scrap Girls Facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11040644481

Go to the link and if you haven't joined it, sign up and then you can join the group and start adding friends. It could be fun to see how many Scrap Girls we can squish in there... like people in a phone booth.

See ya around!

Ro

Thanks Ro! Id love to add some Scrap Girls fair to my FB profile, but I couldn't find any. I love the flair board, but mine needs a little SG !

Cathy

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting the info here! I had no luck at all in trying to find you from Facebook.

I have been on Facebook for months but never used it, then had a problem with my login, so completely ignored it. I finally figured out the problem, logged in, and lo and behold in the interim all kinds of people have found me. (Of course, they all think I am completely ignoring them and are a bit hurt, but I will fix that!)

So I am in the middle of this whole "is this really useful?' debate. But my cousin really wants me to try, and I would love to keep in touch with her, so I will try.

I am Marylou Lynn over at Facebook, and you can play some fun Pogo game if you know how to find them! Now that I have become a member of the scrapgirls group, perhaps I will see about finding the Club Pogo folks as well. Or maybe not - I spend way too much time online as it is, lol.

I am MLLchatandplay over there at pogo - can you detect a pattern in my online names? lol

Now I need to go check out Moss at FB

I just wanted to post somewhere about a facebook scam that happened to us just recently (fortunately I knew better and didn't fall for it.) My sil's facebook account was hacked into (and consequently her email account because she only used 1 password for both.) This hacker started posting as her that she needed help and all that. Then a chat box popped up and the hacker, posing as my sil, said that while they were staying at a resort in London they were robbed and needed money right away. I KNEW they weren't in London and called their house to let them know what was going on.

My bil had a terrible time getting facebook to close the account. (Her email was hacked into also.) Be very careful what you share on facebook and NEVER wire money to old friends.

Always have a seperate, strong password for you email. Especially if your email address is the login for these other sights.

• 2 months later...

I have a FB funny. I got an email with a Friend request and I thought the name was Paula Wright. So I thought, oh, cool, Paula has joined FB, so I did Confirm Request. I did think it was kind of odd that she had a man's picture as her avatar, but I'm always in such a hurry these days, I didn't pay much attention. Well, when I was on FB today, I noticed that I am seeing updates for this man named Paul Wright, from Manchester, England. I haven't the faintest idea who he is, but he's a big fan of Manchester United Football team! LOL

Any idea how I can delete a friend from my list???

You know, I have wondered the same thing - don't have that particular guy on my FB - do have a lot of family members on my SG FB though and that is fine but they don't being to understand SG at all and are always asking what it is all about - since they are not into scrappiing, it really doesn't matter, but I do have one person I have never heard of and I guess I was in a hurry when I approved her too and don't know how to delete her either so when you find out, please let me know too - I think I need to be more careful - I just always assume that it is a SG who I only know by screen name and so I go ahead and approve it - in fact i have several things I would like to delete - some quizzes I have gotten that are NOT from SG but from FB and would like to get them off of my profile too. So, please, if you find out, let me know too. Thanks and that is a very good question for all of us.

Hugs,

Sara

Yep, been using the chat function for some time....it's nice to know who's available. As far as removing friends, go to the FB home page and click on the "friends" bar at the top. You will be taken to your friends page. Then click on the "friends" option on the left edge. A list of all your friends (with avatars) will open. Each avatar has an X in the upper right corner. Click on that and they will be removed. I hope this is right, I haven't actually had to dump anyone yet, but it says that clicking that X will remove them. Hope it works for you.

Archived