Text Help

OK, I thought my layout had turned out really well. I showed it to my son and the first thing he spots is "characte" instead of "character". I'm finding it difficult to get in there and add the "R". When I try, a new text box comes up and types in the font settings I used in another part of the LO. Is it possible to fix this without taking the old text layer out and starting over? :banghead:

I haven't flattened the LO yet.

TIA

Are you trying to fix the misspelling in the .psd file or the .jpg? I have PSE 5 but if you are using the .psd file, the text should still be editable unless you simplified it for some reason. Select the layer in the layers palette and see if you can place your cursor within the block of text and then use the arrow key to move to the place where you need to make the correction.

Are you trying to fix the misspelling in the .psd file or the .jpg? I have PSE 5 but if you are using the .psd file, the text should still be editable unless you simplified it for some reason. Select the layer in the layers palette and see if you can place your cursor within the block of text and then use the arrow key to move to the place where you need to make the correction.

I know I was in the right layer because I kept clicking on it in the layers palete. I think I might have simplified it because I was getting an error, it's hard to remember what I did.

I've gone to classes and read some books, but I'm finding things aren't as smooth when I actually work with the product. I'm sure it will all come more easily once I've worked in PSE for awhile.

Assuming I've simplified it, can I copy the layer and edit the copy? Then delete the origional?

I don't think you can edit it as text when you copy the layer. If you remember the font and size you used maybe you could just add the "r" in another text box on it's own layer and then move it in place with the arrow keys.

I remember when I was working in PSE that I would sometimes have a hard time getting my cursor to "find" the text I wanted to fix. It just takes a little moving around sometimes (and then arrow keys to get to the right place.) If you simplified it then you'll know by looking at the thumbnail in your layer palette. If the thumbnail is a big "T" then it's still in text form and not simplified and should be editable. I like the layout ... btw. (I'm the only one who can see it, since she e-mailed it to me. :D )

• 1 month later...

I often get so confused when working with lots of layers. Try to take the time to label each layer by double clicking on the name in your layout tab menu. Its so worth the extra effort because you always know where you are.

• 4 months later...
I know I was in the right layer because I kept clicking on it in the layers palete.

I don't know if this was the problem, but I just watched Ro's video and she said to be sure you are NOT trying to change the text in the layer box; that will just change the name of the layer (like how Ro likes to rename each layer??) She said you HAVE to edit the text on the l/o. Of course, if you simplified it, that could do it, too...

Archived