Help Please---- Card Makin' Bozo Here!

knittingcontessa

:banghead:

Wonderful experts of all things cards................. I am having a rough time with this, and it sounds as if it should be sooooooooooo simple!

I have opened all of the card templates........... when I slide over paper and use control alt g nothing happens. I make sure that the layer (the template) is highlighted.......... still nothing. I have even merged the visibles at that point and still nothing. What happens is that I just get one layer, the big paper OVER the little template and they move as one.

In other words, this whole experience is frustrating me tremendously!!!!!!

I am running CS2 on a PC.

thank any and all for help! I am so appreciative!

tina

I don't use CS2, just PSE 5.0 so I'm not sure I can help, but, in PSE all I click is ctrl + G (no alt) with the top layer highlighted, not the bottom. Maybe it's the same?

If not I'm sure a CS2 genius will come along soon to your rescue!

I don't use CS2, just PSE 5.0 so I'm not sure I can help, but, in PSE all I click is ctrl + G (no alt) with the top layer highlighted, not the bottom. Maybe it's the same?

If not I'm sure a CS2 genius will come along soon to your rescue!

Thanks for the reply------ I have tried both the ctrl + G plus the alt ctrl g........... neither do ANYTHING. Then again, I try the merge and the only thing that happens is there is now the big piece eating up the template (no longer seen) and they move together.

ACK!

Have you selected the template or the paper? You want to have the paper selected and on top before doing your Ctrl+G. HTH!!

Thanks---- I have actually tried it BOTH ways! I just again put the paper on top of the template. Did Ctrl+g and NADA. Then just in case, did the merge, and NADA.

I really really reallllly want to get this, maybe even do the fuzzy slipper dance over it! :(

Oh I'd like to see the fuzzy slipper dance! I hope you get this sorted out! Have you checked the program's Help menu?

SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Janine, I actually DID go to CS2 help menu------ the command WAS control alt g========= and I suppose I was just an igno old cow or something because when I selected the layer, had the paper over and actually used the COMMAND from the Layers Tab, that baby clipped like a happy little pootywoo!!!!

:dancingcow:

Just imagine the cow wearing fuzzy slippers!

THANKS ALL!!!!!

Oh I'd like to see the fuzzy slipper dance! I hope you get this sorted out! Have you checked the program's Help menu?

SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Janine, I actually DID go to CS2 help menu------ the command WAS control alt g========= and I suppose I was just an igno old cow or something because when I selected the layer, had the paper over and actually used the COMMAND from the Layers Tab, that baby clipped like a happy little pootywoo!!!!

:dancingcow:

Just imagine the cow wearing fuzzy slippers!

THANKS ALL!!!!!

Not to worry - I can't get the keyboard shortcut to work for me either. Don't know why. I usually right click on the paper layer and select "Create Clipping Mask" from the flyout menu. Thank goodness there is always more than one way to get things done - eh?

Archived