Need An Online Back Up Asap For My Ehd

What other online services are there for back up for EHD's. Mozy is not allowing me to log in with my acct. I signed up for the 30 day free trial, but there must be an issue with their website. Does anyone know of any other service ? I wish Carbonite would get their service up and running for EHD's. MY EHD is acting awful, it shuts off by itself, and then when I plug it back in or test other outlets I won't turn on, but after leaving it plugged in for awhile, it starts to work. Unfortunately I don't have all my files backed up. MY CD rom stopped working too, so I would love some advice.

MaryJo, have you tried Iron Mountain? I was looking into them just before I heard about Carbonite. I don't know if they back-up EHD's, but it's worth a look-see. I know they charge more than Carbonite, but you can pay monthly (I think it's about $9 monthly). I don't unplug my EHD and the only time it gets shut down is when I shut down my computer. I also wish Carbonite would get with it and get the EHD's backed-up. Would make life so much simpler.

HTH

:dancing_penguin:

I haven't personally tried it, but I'm thinking about doing it soon: Jungle Disk. It works with Windows, Mac, Linux, and EHDs. One thing I am looking for that it offers is the ability to store files and not have them deleted from the online site if I delete them from my hard drive. I don't want to accidentally delete something, then have an online service think that because I deleted it, it should be deleted on their end as well. I want total control and it looks like this service would give me that.

Yes Mary Jo I am inclined to agree with you, I wish they would hurry up too. but for the time being at least I have backup, and I know the restore works too. The thing I did wrong was to tell it to back up an empty drive - totally my fault, I swapped hard drives and tried to restore my stuff, but forgot to turn off the backup first. The tech support people were great, it took about 3 hours to work it out, but I got ALL my stuff back (including stuff I had deleted).

Mary Jo, I use a company called IDrive, it works out about the same price as Carbonite I think. I had reason to use the technical support live chat last week and they were good.

HTH

Angela, does IDrive backup ehds? I looked on the website and couldn't find any infp. TIA

Archived