Tag Books?

Guest so_cal_mommy

Guest so_cal_mommy
Okay, I know this is going to sound really dumb...but what are tag books? I've seen some on here and they are so cute, but what are they used for? I hope this was the right area to ask this question. I was just curious. Thank-you!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
Well, my experience with tag books are they are generally given as gifts. You make the book and decorate the inside pages and embellish tags with pictures/quotes/etc. to tuck in the pockets that are created by the way you fold the paper.

Jan taught a Maze Tag Book class a couple of months ago which is why I have any experience with tag books in the first place.

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to clarify and expand on my post. :)

[quote name='so_cal_mommy' date='Oct 26 2005, 10:15 AM']Okay, I know this is going to sound really dumb...but what are tag books?  I've seen some on here and they are so cute, but what are they used for?  I hope this was the right area to ask this question.  I was just curious.  Thank-you!
[right][post="25813"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not a dumb question at all. My dear grandfather always told me, "the only dumb questions there are, are the ones we do not ask," ;). There are many ways and variations of tag books running around. Some are as simple as taking a tag and tracing around it side by side on cardstock, cutting around it, so the tags aren't seperated, and then folded in between the tags and decorated, while some are more intriquite (however that is spelled, :rofl:). They are used for all sorts of things. Anything you can imagine really. A gift for someone, an extra way to add smaller photo's, journaling, quotes or even notes, to a layout, an extra embellishment type thingy to tuck away inside a pocket, a special way of making party invitations that have a little more pizazz to them than what you can buy in the store. That's just a few of the things I've seen them used for. I made a few of them last Christmas to hang from our tree and had the children write their wish lists in them, so now each year they can go back to the Christmas' past and see what it is they had wished for as children. The possibilities are endles really, it's pretty much anything your creative heart desires for them to be, :).

Guest so_cal_mommy
Thank-you so much for your responses! Tag books sound so neat. I hope you can teach that class again Jan. I would love to learn!

Archived