Album Help

I am very new to digital scrapbooking and have a bunch of Creative Memories 7x7 scrapbooks that I would like to put my digital prints in to give to family. I am not sure how I would get a 7x7 print- do I just leave an inch on 2 sides and then trim it?

Also, now that I am getting more into digital scrapbooking, I am curious what kind of albums you use for your 12x12 or 8x8 layouts. I have a bunch of Creative Memories albums (I am a consultant, so I have a lot of stuff to use up-if this digital scrapbooking goes well, I will deactivate)- would I just adhere the printed pages to the CM pages? What do you all do for your albums?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kathryn

I do all my layouts at 12x12, but I don't necessarily print them all that size. You can print them at 7x7 to fit the albums you already have. I buy 8" albums at the craft store, and I also use 12" albums, but it really is your preference. Even when I'm doing 8" pages, I need to trim it down from a full sheet of paper. With 7", you'd just trim a little more. Make sure you set the size before you print so your pages will be uniform. Hope that made sense. :D

And welcome to ScrapGirls Kathryn!

I have printed out at costco for a few lo & they have turned out fabulous. & at $2.99 ....& ready in a hour. I have gone to Michaels & bought some 12x12 frames with my coupon from JoAnns 40% off & got a 30.00 frame for $18.00 + tax ofcourse & have given them as gifts.

Costco prints 8x8 also

you can also get a 8x8 new document in white & place your 7x7 finished lo on top then center it & then flatten it & send it off to print as a 8x8 & then trim to what 7x7

hope that gives you some ideas.

Caren

ps Welcome to scrap girls!!!

Hi Kathryn!

I'm a CM consultant too :) Did you know that CM has 12x12 and 8x8 PicFolio albums now that you can slide your printed 12x12 or 8x8 layouts right into? They're the "pocket style" albums, but with just big 12x12 or 8x8 pockets. They just came out in the last couple months and I haven't printed layouts to put into mine yet, but I was so excited to see them introduced to the product line!

But sure, you could adhere your layouts in good ol' CM style books if you want to use up the product you've already got. Just remember to design your digi layouts to accommodate the funky CM page size (12 inches tall and about 11 1/2 inches wide) or you'll end up doing a lot of trimming and might trim off design, etc.

~Ang

I get my albums printed at Viovio - they offer 6 different square format sizes including 12x12. There is also a new option for "unbound" 12x12 pages - same type of page just not bound for $1.50 a sheet with a min order of 24.

Archived