Add / Remove Programs Area On Vista

Vaughnde

Helping a friend of mine with her computer...oy! I have a degree in computer science but I don't use Vista since I use XP. But I can't find the Add/Remove area in the control panel for Vista. She has a lot of games and suchlike that need to be removed and I need to add on a virus scanner as the one she has is worthless. I know how to add the one I need, but not how to remove the worthless one she has!

if she clicks on the program (rick click) & deleate a screen will come up to remove from the list or ask her to remove from program & it will take her to remove programs & she can decide which one she wants to remove from there.

Caren

Thank you so much! I was able to do a few....I'll be doing more tomorrow. I'm still stunned that she got a computer with Vista on a 512MB Memory and only a 120 GB HD that has been partitioned to C and D drives....oh brother!

I gotta do more diagnostics tomorrow and clean up her computer. Unfortunatly she also didn't know how to shut down the computer properly or reboot properly...so I had to show her how to do that.

Archived