Is My Pse4 Corrupt Or Am I Missing Something?

TeaScrapper

I just got my MacBook Pro yesterday so it's all still Greek to me. I installed PSE 4.0, which I'm used to on Windows.

Anyway, the very center of the desktop is transparent as as a strip below the photo bin, which means I see my main desktop in that area. Is this normal on a Mac or do I need to reinstall?

And since I'm new at this, if I do reinstall, I just would drag the photoshop icon to the trash can, right?

Thanks.

Yes, that's how it looks. Since I didn't install it til late last night, I couldn't call Adobe and it looked so weird to me. So I called today and that's how it looks on Leopard.

The gal suggested I just open a large document to place behind it to block out the desktop. I guess if that's how you started with it, it might not seem so strange, but I find seeing my desktop in the workspace extremely distracting. I just want to focus on my images.

Thanks.

Okay... all you need to do is to press the little green + sign (the third circle in on the left hand side) to maximize your window... do the same on the photo bin to align them all... HTH!

Let us know if that doesn't solve the problem...

No, the only spot with the 3 colored size buttons is the photo bin. There is none for the main window.

I'm using Mac OSX 10.5.2 and the tech support said it's supposed to look like this :(

UPDATE:

Okay, good thing I'm blonde, because I just discovered something. :blondmoment: The only time the desktop shows through the workspace is when I don't have a file open. Sheesh, as soon as I opened a new file, the background of the workspace matched everything else.

It just really threw me off though cause the Windows version always has a grey workspace, with or without a file opened.

Ok, one more new thing figured out!

Archived