Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deb21

In Need Of Backup Software?

I have been trying for days to figure out how to backup my photo's on DVD. My computer won't let me. However, it could be operator error. I am not the most computer knowledgable. I would appreciate anyone giving me help on this subject.

I called Toshiba (who is my laptop manufacturer) and they recommended I get Nero. Has anyone used this software or is there another software out there I don't know about.

Thanks,

debbie

In my experience Nero takes over your computer, and is next to impossible to remove if you decide you don't like it. :(

I like Roxio - it doesn't try to take over my whole system.

I personally use Nero and am quite happy with it. No problems at all (knock on wood - lol).

However, I did use Roxio previously and one of the versions was not compatible with my anti-virus, caused my computer to crash, and I lost everything I had. I will never use Roxio again.

In Yesterday's chat...Ro suggested Acronis. It will back up your whole hard drive. As to backing up to DVD's, my computer came with a Sony software in it. I have a lightscribe DVD thingy but don't have the lightscribe DVDs as they are too expensive to use for me.

vista has a built in coy function if you are using vista. I have used them both & unlike wags I had the reverse experience with roxio a long time agao.

I do have neuro on xp on my lap top & do like it alot

Best of luck

Caren

I use Nero which came with my lightscribe DVD burner, and I love it. I have not had any problem with it, AND it is very user friendly.

Nero came with my new laptop, but I haven't tried it yet. Sounds like it's a good program, I'm going to have to check it out.