May Swap Crop; Sign Up Thread!

CRS

It’s May already! Can you believe it? Summer is right around the corner, believe it or not! With the new month comes the next Swap Crop! The theme for May is Beauty. Anything that is beautiful to you will work for this swap! Some ideas are waterfalls, flowers, sunsets, people, artwork; you get the idea. There are so many possibilities with this topic; it may be hard to narrow it down!

Here’s how it works. Anyone who wants to participate, send an email to swapcrop@gmail.com. Include your first name, screen name, email address and any previous swap crop partners. You have until May 7th to sign up.

On May 8th, I will pair everyone up and notify everyone who their partner is. Then, contact your partner, and send them your photos and journaling. If you haven’t heard from your partner, or received their photos by May 16th, let me know and I will find you a new partner. Once you have your partner’s photos and journaling, create a layout for your partner, showcasing their photos! Only one layout is required, but if you want to do more, feel free. Things do come up, so if you can’t complete a layout for your partner, please let me know, ASAP!

On May 30th (try to wait until then to show your partner their layout, but if you just can’t wait, that’s ok, too!), we can begin loading the layouts in the Swap Crop Gallery and have a chat to celebrate (time TBA). You can still participate even if you can’t attend the chat. After the chat, don’t forget to send a high resolution copy of the layout to your partner, either through email or yousendit.com (it’s free!).

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! You can post it in this thread, PM me, or email me at the address above. The best part of a swap crop is making a new friend, creating a layout for a fellow Scrap Girl, and receiving one in return! Let the fun begin!

OK ladies ... I have to ask a rather silly question... I've looked at these swaps and wanted to join. What has made me stop every month is the pressure to come up with photos to match the theme! How many photos do you all usually send your partners? Are they all used or does your partner pick and choose among what you've sent?

I know....silly question ... but I'm already stressing about coming up with good photos between now and 5/16!

Thanks a bunch for your answers!

Denise

OK ladies ... I have to ask a rather silly question... I've looked at these swaps and wanted to join. What has made me stop every month is the pressure to come up with photos to match the theme! How many photos do you all usually send your partners? Are they all used or does your partner pick and choose among what you've sent?

I know....silly question ... but I'm already stressing about coming up with good photos between now and 5/16!

Thanks a bunch for your answers!

Denise

You can send one, you can send ten, it's up to you. In the past I have sent 2 to 4 photo's. Now all are used, as your partner may only decide to use one or all.

There is no pressure. This is really fun to do, and we really just have a blast. COME JOIN US. It will be fun, I promise.

I really want to do it but I think I will sit on the decision for a few days because I don't want to take on a project and not have time to do it. Hopefully May is not too hectic for me because I really want to give swapping another go.

Denise, join in! You can send as many photos as you want, or only one. Your partner can pick and choose what photos to use if you send more, but you don't have to. This topic is so broad, anything goes! It really is a lot of fun!

ACK! We're on tour again during that time... Oh well, I look forward to the layouts. It really does bring out the best in everyone.

Beauty, what a wonderful theme! So many possibilites.

I'm trying to get up the nerve to do this!! hehe! I really want to, but I am nervous about what I'd do for someone else. But hey - we all gotta start somewhere, right? Okay. I've talked myself into it. Email is on its way.

I've replied to all the emails I've received so far. So if you emailed me and haven't heard back, please send it again! We are up to 19 people already!!!!

Carla, my email has been sent. Haven't been able to access the MB since Thursday afternoon. Just managed to get in now for who knows how long. I'm almost afraid to log out.

:dancing_penguin:

Archived