May Recipe Challenge And Chat

scrappylibrarian

It is time for our monthly Recipe Swap Challenge and Chat! Our theme this month is "Thanks, Mom!" What is the best recipe you have that was passed down from Mom, or the best thing you are always asking her to make? Do you have a special food memory from your childhood? This month is all about Mom.

To participate in the Recipe Swap, please send a high resolution 4x6 inch copy of your recipe card to me at demarskda@yahoo.com. You will have until next Friday, May 16 to get me your recipes. On Saturday I will send out copies of all the submitted cards to anyone who submits one.

Our chat this month will be hosted by our friend April Showers! ( thanks for stepping in! ) So be sure to join her in the chat room on Friday, May 9 at 8 PM to share about your recipes!

Can't wait to see all those yummy recipes!

**EDIT - Recipe file names**

When submitting your recipes to me please name your files with your screen name_recipe name e.g. scrappylibrarian_BeefBrisket

This really helps with consistency and sometimes I have a hard time making the real name/screen name connection. I sure appreciate it!!

This is perfect! I just got my German Fruitcake recipe from mom so I can scrap that. Am planning on making some either today or tomorrow so this is perfect and I DO have the camera .....I sense a photo shoot in the making!

I have a few recipes from my mom. My mom is a retired dietition. So, she was always trying new recipes, mostly good, but a few really gross ones. Peanutbutter Cauliflower anyone? Yep, it was pretty gross. I remember sitting at the table laughing to myself. I kept thinking, that even if we had a dog to feed it to, he wouldn't have eaten it.

I wasn't raised by my mom, so I don't have any of her recipes. Here's one of mine that makes me feel like Mother's Day! Hope you all like it as much as I do.

Banana Pancakes

P.S. This is really fun. I printed out last month's recipes and am filling a recipe box just with Scrap Girls recipes! TFS!

This has been difficult for me...isn't that silly?? I keep thinking what does mom always fix that' a favorite?? Nothing comes to mind. Then, when I was fixing lasagna over the weekend.....it hit me, that came from my mom YEARS ago-I have no idea where she got it, but it's the only lasagna recipe I have tried!! Now, to make the card!!

I see in the beginning post they are due tomorrow the 16th. Whew...a little more time. Hopefully my back will hold out so I can sit and scrap! :)

I love getting everyone's recipes-thanks so much!!

Here is my recipe, i forgot to put it on the gallery yesterday.

This is orignally my moms recipe, but she uses alot of peppers and makes hers spicy. My dh is allergic to peppers, so i have altred the recipe to this mild version :)

I can chili

I am still not having any luck uploading my recipe card. I can only guess now that there is something wrong with my file but I can't figure out what it is. Any suggestions?

Send the original to Danna in the email in the opening post aka first page first post and also explain to her you are having a hard time uploading to the gallery and she will take care of it. :)

Archived