Carbonite Back-up

So I subscribed to Carbonite (per wonderful Ro's suggestion) and my lock finally turned green, however when I look at status it states 100% but it also says back up in progress and lists a file. What's the deal?? Anyone ever have this happen to them?

Debbie

Yes, that happens with mine too. I wonder if it's the case that if its above a certain percentage (say 97% for example) that it will still show green since most of it is probably backing up at that moment. Not sure though!

It took weeks for my little Carbonite lock box to turn green and now it is always is green. But I make many changes every day.

If you left click on the green lock box and select Status, you can see exactly what Carbonite is doing. For example, right now mine says my backup contains 51.3 GB of files and 18.2 GB are awaiting backup.

I think this is what we want - someone to be constantly vigilant to back up our work!

I think once it turns green it means its now in an active backup status, that you do have a full back up, and its only now backing up changes.

Ive never seen my % go less than 90. And i do change alot!

Angela

I think once it turns green it means its now in an active backup status, that you do have a full back up, and its only now backing up changes.

Angela is absolutely right. Once your "initial backup" is complete, the tray icon will remain green unless Carbonite is paused, disabled, or needs to tell you about a problem (such as no internet connection for over twelve hours, etc.)

Hope this helps :)

L.

Archived