Cannot Open Png Files In Pse 6 For Mac

jswolck

Help. I am a new PSE 6 user for Mac. I have been trying to open png template and embellishment files to no avail. What do I need to do? I am able to open jpg files for paper. Do I need to change a setting somewhere. Also, what is the best way to import photos from IPhoto into PSE 6? I would appreciate anyone's advice as to the best way to get started. I am in the process of re-installing the program in case something was corrupted.

Thanks.

Joan

Hey Joan! I am a Mac person but don't have PSE6 but I will see if I can help you. It can't be too different from PSE4 or CS3. First, to get your photos from iPhoto into PSE you just need to set your preferences. With iPhoto open open the iPhoto preferences ( can't remember if it is under the apple menu or the file menu). Then you can select how you want to edit your photos. I have mine set to open the picture in another program( PSE4) when I click the edit button.

Now, for opening png files. How are you trying to open them currently? Are you using bridge to view your files, or looking at them in coverflow? I use both interchangeably. For both I just browse until I find the file I am looking for- whether it is jpeg or png and then with it highlighted I choose file-open with- PSE or CS3. It should work for you too.

Give it a try and post back here. I have to pick up my son in a little while but I will be back on the boards later. There are plenty of mac people on here so you may even get more help before I get back!

Archived