Best Software

ScrappyChic25

I think you'll get a bunch of different answers to this question since we all use different things. I use Photoshop CS3 and while I first thought it was complicated when I first started working with it a few years ago -- I wish I had had access to Ro's Photoshop Secrets back then. Watching those just opened up a whole new world to me and what I once thought was complicated now seems quite straight forward. Of course, we're never done learning. Just when you think you've got it down, someone invents a new technique -- but that is what is so awesome about digi-scrapping. It NEVER gets old!!! I know this doesn't help you... some of us use what we know, others what we can afford, and still others what they've heard about from others. For instance, I've gotten a bunch of people hooked on digi-scrapping and I have encouraged them towards Photoshop so I would be available to help them in the learning process. I too will be anxious to hear what other people think in response to your question. Good question -- and I hope you find the software that is JUST RIGHT for you! Have fun with it!

I use pse5 & 6 & I have pscs on my i like 5 best lol

The eaist is for me 5 .....If you like thou try a down load of pse6 & play...There is also PSP & sorry I dont know anything about that software & I am sure the ps'ers will be around soon.....

Ps ScrappyChick....Welcome to Scrap Girls!!!!

Caren

I agree that many people will point you towards different programs. An idea, is to check out the publishers websites for free trial versions of the software. Use the trial versions and see what you like. There is a freeware program, The GIMP, that is very comparable to Adobe's products and you just can't beat the price. :)

I use PSP and love it! I've been using it since about 1995. But, if I was starting fresh, I would probably stick to the Photoshop products as there are more products out there for those programs.

Personally, I would stay with Adobe products

PSE v. 6

or CS3

CS3 does so much more for you and in the long run is much more powerful.

But, I think it really comes down to time and money.

PSE is cheaper and much easier to learn, CS is more expensive and has a steaper learning curve - but in the long run you will be happier with it.

But, like several SG's before me have said, you can go to ADOBE's web site and download 30 day trials of each.

Oh, and don't pay their full price.. when you are ready to buy, there are several ways to get much better deals...

Like student discounts, (if anyone in your family is a student), or if you buy a wacom tablet privledges , costco, etc.... before you buy, ask around for the deals on best prices...

I'm a big Photoshop Elements fan. I started with 4 and have 5 now. I didn't upgrade to 6 because I don't care for the dark colored interface and there just weren't enough significant changes to make it worth spending the money. I have used PSCS2, for my work, not digi-scrapping, and it is a tremendous program, but PSE 5 does almost all that I need.

I use pse6. I started with the trial of pse5 and then pse6. At first it was extremely difficult for me but it's taken some time to get used to it. I still have a lot to learn. PSE6 is only $79 at Walmart. That is where I bought mine.

Welcome ScrapGirls first off! And as far as the best program I think you will get a different opinion from everyone whom you speak to! Just remember there is a learning curve for all the programs, pick up Ro's secrets for you particular choice ! I use PSE 5.0 and I love it, I seriously learn some new trick everytime I look at the messageboard or read the newsletter, these ladies are amazing. Hope to see you work in the Gallery soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I use PhotoMix software to make collages for my scrapbooks. I can make them as elegant or wild as I want and the best part is I get to see the page before I enter it in my scrapbook.

There are so many things you can do with this software. Best of all they have video tutorials, as well as a step by step guide and a support team to answer your questions.

I have created many collages and scrapbook pages with this software. I like the variety of tasks you can do with this program. This program works for all of my scrapbooking needs.

Hope this helps you out. :yippee:

• 4 months later...

I've been working ArcSoft Print Creations, it makes scraping easier than ever. :dancingcow: The only thing you have to do is just choose your favorite template, add photos into the blank frames , and do some small embellishments as you like , actually the templates offered by ArcSoft Print Creations are all professionally designed. You can find many interesting templateshere

I use PSE 5 and love it! I tried upgrading to 7 but had some problems and decided it wasn't worth the money. PSE 5 does everything I need it to do and I always keep learning something new!

Welcome to Scrap girls! :welcome2:

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

Since I'm a former PSP user, I'll sing its praises for you. It's what I started with, and to be honest, until I started getting more and more into DSLR photography, Paint Shop Pro was plenty of a digi-scrapping program for me.

Corel's Paint Shop Pro is probably the cheapest of the top 3 digital scrapbooking software. It's as easy to learn as Photoshop Elements, but has very similiar "power" to the full fledged version of Photoshop. All for around $70. There's a free 30-day trial that you can download at Corel's website, if you'd like to try it.

• 10 months later...

Hi

I am new to this forum! I’ve been into digital scrapbooking for about 2 years now and recently came across Digital Scrapbook Artist by a Company called Serif and its absolutely fab! So easy to use and my friends and family love the scrapbooks and cards I have made for them. I got an email last week from them saying they have released a free version so if anyone fancies trying it, it wont cost anything and its available here.. www.daisytrail.com/dsacompact Let me know what you think! I will upload some of my scrapbooks for you to see!

SJ :waving-hi:

I'm currently a user of PSE6, and I do love it. I am toying with the idea of buying CS4, but haven't completely made up my mind yet. I'm about ready to download the free trial and try it out. I think it probably would serve you well to try the free trial of PSE7 and also CS4. I am continually amazed at the things you can do in PSE.

Well, I will throw my two cents in also!

I started out with Creative Keepsakes software for about $20. You can use the kits and get a feel for how digital scrapping goes.

Then, you will want to do drop shadows and all the other cool things, lol! I use PSE 7 now and love it! Definitely get Ro's videos, and just keep playing with it.

There are also lots of people here to answer questions or help you figure out how to do something.

Welcome to scrapgirls and remember to have fun!

Marylou

• 10 months later...

I'm new to digital scrapbooking and I was wondering what is the easiest program to use?

I know this post is old, but just in case someone else is reading it and is still wondering what might be a great choice for digiscrapping software, I'd like to recommend a great program! It is called "My Memories Suite" software - Version 2 was released late in 2009 and had some great upgrades to V1! There are a TON of people on the Facebook page and there is always someone who can help answer a question or help when I am stuck. It is FUN and easy to use, and it is perfect if you want to get into digital scrapbooking, but Photoshop is a bit much. We even have a bunch of people who use PS for photo editing then create their albums in MMS to get them DONE quickly! There are a TON of output options, either uploading for printing to a hardbound beautiful album to individual page files that can be printed out or used to personalize ANYTHING you can upload a jpeg file for!

It is AWESOME and I love it! Just Google My Memories Suite to find it! They have a great website with a lot of great designer templates that you can use or you can create works from scratch. They are also doing weekly online free workshops to help you get started or just to check it out if you want to see it demo'd before you buy it!

It is AWESOME!

LCampbell

• 11 months later...

I absolutely LOVE My Memories Suite digital scrapbooking software. They provide amazing customer service and there is a very friendly group of ladies to post with on their website and Facebook page. If you want to digiscrap but aren't too techno-savy, this is the prefect software for you.

• 11 months later...

Archived