Scrapgirls Member Of The Month for June!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations, Gina! You really deserve this honor! You are always helpful and patient when others have questions and you are so cheerful! Love the blinkies! And of course, your dedication to being here a LOT (did you girls know that Gina hardly sleeps????) makes you the perfect choice for Scrap Girl of the Month!

Wow, Gina, I agree with everyone else, you really do deserve this! Congratulations!

I have been welcomed and helped by Gina already several times in the short time I've been posting to the board. Gina really is amazing! Good for you, girl!

yay, how excellent is this... my friend Gina is Scrapgirl of the Month, and boy, is this deserved or what.

Gina honey, you know how much I love and respect you, so happy for you, enjoy this month, it's all yours!!

A big thank you to all of you. I was quite stunned when Sherry Lynn messaged me with "Congratulations M O M". And DH, seeing it on my computer screen was worried that she knew something he didn't. I will write up an "about me" and get it posted this afternoon. Thanks so much for all the sweet comments!

WTG Gina! You've got an amazingly full plate at home, and yet you are so helpful here as well. No surprise you don't sleep much. Thanks for being a very positive presence on the MB!

First, please let me say that I really hate having to talk about myself. Those of you who know me, know I would prefer to talk your ear off about my kids. That said, here's a bit about me.

I am 46 years old, married to my DH, Jef (yes, only one f) for twenty one years. We met in the Army and have lived all over the United States, including 4 years in Alsaka. I am a work from home mom of (currently) five beautiful kids, three adopted teenagers and two younger foster children. Since we are foster parents and we do emergency care, the number of our family changes all the time.

I am a morning person, which explains my presence on the boards at 3 and 4 am sometimes. I love the quiet hours of morning, knowing the household is still asleep, all safe, sound and accounted for, and those are some of my most productive hours. Being a morning person also has the added benefit of putting me on the message boards at the same time as the Aussie girls, so I am able to crash their chats, and they are always welcoming.

I run a sign and shirt printing business out of our home and most of my orders come in via the internet. I also do homeschooling for two families in my area, whose children ride rodeo and are out of town too much to attend public school.

Since I don't have a lot of contact with adults in my day to day life, Scrap Girls is my second home, and my main source of adult contact. I love making new friends who have so many of the same interests. Unfortunately I am unable to attend the SG convention this year, so I will miss out on getting to meet many of you face to face.

Thanks again for all your kind comments, I feel honored to be the Member of the Month.

My current favorite layout is one I did for a challenge a few weeks ago: Chocolate and Friends

I think you left out a lot, You have a heart of gold, you are willing to help anyone at any time. You have made so many friends, though scrap girls, and you are just a wonderful person!

And, those kids that Gina fosters are just treasures to her and her family - each and every one of them that enters the Hubbard Horde home. And, some come in such bad shape, but through love and so much attention, Gina and her family just love on them how ever much time God lets them have them. And, because of the "system" so often Gina and family have fallen in love with some of the foster kids, and have tried to adopt these beautiful angels, only to find out later that they are unable to do so due to reasons beyond their control. But, they do it all over again, and again, and again.

And, while these foster kids, are waiting for adoption, Gina also takes in hard to place emergency care kids - I believe she told me over 100 in the past year or year and a half... All differenet ages, all differnet needs.... They get the call, and they answer... And, take the kids for a few days or a few weeks, until permanent placement can be found. You won't find these becautiful angels in Gina's LO's because she has to protect their privacy - they are only there for a few days... But, I've seen photos of them. And, Gina has them in the bath tub, smiling or already snuggled in Spiderman PJ's or Sugar and Spice little girl Pajamas. She has an outfit for all size kids... And, the games, and toys, or whatever they need ready to go... So, they feel welcome and at home immediately - and some are calling her mama in just 2 or 3 days, because they so need a mama figure...

Her heart is truly made of Gold, and I can't think of anyone God could have chosen to bless with these angels who need a home on a moments notice.

And, I'm just so happy that I was able to meet her through Scrap Girls... Because she is one awesome person...

Awwww sweet GinaMO! You are such a blessing and a treasure. Thank you for reaching out to me and encouraging me along the way here on SG MBs. You are such a giving person and so deserving of this honor. Love you lots, girlfriend! ~ Lei

Archived