Organizing Brushes Question

Sonesta

Guest Peppi

I don't know where the problem is, I had the same when I used PSE5. I wanted to take off some brushes I had installed, took them even out of the presets folder,.... they were still in the list and then error ...

But it doesn't have anything to do with Shalae's explanation about organizing the brushes. The steps she indicates are ok and fine, the error is not in the book :)

But I think there is a problem with PSE. Perhaps the only way is to reinstall/repair PSE, making sure however to have saved the presets containing the brushes, styles, actions, ... before to be able to install them quickly again after reinstalling/repairing PSE. But I am not a computer expert and this goes beyond my abilities regarding PCs.

If someone else could help these Ladies :)

Guest miss bumble

Morning Peppi we europeans are up and about and are friends across the water are fast asleep. I'm definatly sure this is a PSE/Vista problem i just need to figure it out you mentioned repair Pse how would I go about that I don't really wont to reinstall it just yet. All my goodies are safe I have kept all the Zip files.

If I have to start again it would mean I'd have to reload the organizer and I have abot 185 collection and thats not including all the other bits & bob's

I just love the book it's so well written and the instruction are so clear even for me lol x

Okay. I think I discovered something that may help. (I hope).

I have been poking around in my preset manager (on PSE5) and I discovered that if I use the File drop down menu I don't get the same options on the preset manager as I do when I activate the brush tool, go to the brush picker menu, and then choose the preset manager. If you do it the second way (from the brush picker) there are more choices.

So, first activate the brush tool, then click the arrow next to the picture of the brush that lets you choose which brush to use, then click the little arrow on the right of the menu and another menu appears. Then choose Preset Manager and a little window pops up.

Click on the word "More" and another menu pops up. Your replace option is on that menu. Choose reset brushes, then click it again and choose replace brushes. When you choose replace, it might ask you if you want to save the current set.

Then a window pops up that lets you load the brushes you want to load in place of the ones that were visible and you can choose from anywhere on your computer.

After the first replace, if you want to add more brushes to that same set, then just choose the load option and you can individually load all the rest that you want in that set.

THEN, you have to CTRL+A to select all the brushes you just loaded and then choose Save Set and give it a name and save it to your desired location.

:whew: That was a mouthful!!

I hope that it helps though. I didn't realize there were two separate preset managers until I started poking around to see why what worked for me didn't work for any of you.

Post again if you need screen shots and I'll try to upload some.

HTH

Guest miss bumble

Hi Rose Ann. Thank you for that, but that's the way I have been doing it, it is still coming up with a message - could not complete request because of a program error.

Peppi wrote that I could repair PSE but I'm not sure how to do this. I will keep Persevering.

Many thanks to you all for your help

Chris x

I am sorry that that didn't help.

I think that maybe when you re install PSE it gives you the option to repair or remove it. You just insert the CD and your wizard should direct you.

I that works for you.

I have finally successfully installed all my brushes according to Shalae's system. I also have been getting the error messages, but I just click out of them and everything seems to be working just fine. I have found that the error messages are not keeping my brushes from working properly. I still have all the names of the deleted brushes in my Brush Palette, which is just annoying but has nothing to do with the functionality of my work so I think I can live with it. Chris...I don't know if this helps you any, but I hope so.

Guest miss bumble

I have done that, I get the message and just click OK and the brushes dissapear from the Brushes Palette all thats left is the Default brushes.

The New sets of brushes are in the preset folders but they dont show up after I've click on the error message they are just not there any more. I go back and do it all over again and again they disappear Sonesta what message do you get - my message say's it Could not complete your request beacuse of a program error.

I might have to repair do you know if I will lose the Organizer if I did repair PSE

Ta Chris x

Chris...I have no idea about that. That is a good question though. I don't use my Organizer anymore because it takes up too much memory. I store all my stuff in organized folders on my EHD. Maybe someone else could answer that one. Sorry.

Sorry girls, I haven't had access to a computer for the last week as we are in the middle of moving and unpacking right now, and right now my computer time is limited. I cleaned out my Message Box so feel free to send me a pm with the problems you are still running into. We'll see if we can get it figured out. Be patient with responses from me. I'll try to get back online fully here soon! :)

Guest miss bumble

Hi Shalae, I will Pm you but not right now you need to get you and your family settled in first, hope all goes well with the Move.

I shall be the first to say WELCOME to your new Home Lots of Love Chris xx

Guest miss bumble

Hooary Hooary.

I've managed to load all my brushes into set, the way Shalae describes in her book. Yes I cant belive it myself I just kept trying and trying and this morning they've all shown up, I did nothing different it just worked NO more error message.

Just a big thank you to you all for your help. DH say's its Vista.

LOL Chris x

I'm still having the same problems with my brushes doing the same thing as these gals. I was trying to organize my brushes and make new ones (which is very fun!), and now my brushes are all messed up. I have PSE5 and run XP. I have all the brushes in nice folders, but my drop down shows even the brushes that come with the program moved into new folders or sets. For instance, my Basic Brushes that were hard or soft round brushes are now mostly in Untitled with a bunch of other random program brushes, and the thumbnails for Basic is now the group that used to be in Assorted. And some of the sizes of Basic are gone, even after doing a repair install of the program and rebooting. I can navigate to the brushes I want, except for some of the default ones that seem to be gone, but I'm frustrated at not being able to use this the way it should be able to be used. I've tried to follow the directions. The program doesn't allow me to save the brush to where I want it at the start. It just goes wherever I have the last set used, then that set seems to get corrupted. I'm still lost.

Brushes are still really awesome though. And Shalae's book is terrific, and so comprehensive.

Peggy

Guest miss bumble

Peggy it took me a long time to get the folders to show up in the brushes palette,i just kept trying. i could only save 1 set (folder ) at a time i had to restart PSE5 and hold down the shift key every time I made a folder. Shalae said to PM her if your stuck and she will get back to you as soon as.

I hope you can find a way of getting your brushes into folder its an awesome way filing

Chris x

Archived