Hello And Question

Morgaine

Hello everybody!

I'm new to the Forum, and I've been looking around trying to find out if there are any Monthly Challenges.

See, the thing is, I don't really have the time to participate in weekly challenges. My boss makes my job a weekly challenge enough for me, and I don't need any more stress to finish stuff on a weekly basis lol

Monthly challenges would be much more manageable, and I would love to participate.

I'm aware it may be a very daft question, but please let me know, ok?

Thanks in advance and hugs

Morgaine

There is always a monthly challenge! And a mid month challenge!! So you get one twice per month. They are always listed in the newsletter, I suggest you subscribe if you haven't already.

Here are the ones from June:

Layout Contests:

June Layout Contest: Did you know that June is National Candy Month? Digital scrapbooking is the ultimate no fat, no sugar treat – how sweet! For this month’s contest we want you to do a “Yummy” layout using colors and textures that say “yummy” to you – from bright colors that might represent a sweet treat to the luscious browns like melt-in-your-mouth chocolates. Post your layouts to the monthly gallery by Midnight ET, June 30th, and yours might be chosen to win a $10 Gift Certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique.

Mid-May Layout Contest: In this crazy, busy world we live in, it's hard to find time for ourselves. Between work, family and other obligations, life gets hectic. We all deserve to make time to relax and concentrate on ourselves! What do you do to spoil yourself? What is your guilty pleasure? Create a layout about how you spoil yourself, your guilty pleasure, and you could win a $10 Gift Certificate to the Boutique! Just upload your layout to the Mid-May Layout Contest Gallery before June 14th at Midnight EST, and you could win!

Post your May Mid Month Layout to THIS GALLERY and your June Layout to THIS GALLERY for a chance at the prize!!

Good Luck!! And WELCOME to Scrap Girls!!

Hello and welcome to Scrap Girls... One thing I did notice here is that if you want to take a challenge or a crop and do it a week or two after it was posted that is still okay.. LOL So if you see one that you like, do it and don't worry about the time you are "expected" to have it by...

Welcome to Scrap Girls, Moraine. There is never a deadline for the challenges here, you can always post in the galleries at any time. They are a lot of fun, and I, for one, almost never complete things the day are given. So pick something that looks inspiring and jump on in.

Welcome to SG! Like Richelle said, if you see a challenge that appeals to you go ahead and do a layout even though the "official deadline" has come and gone! You won't get any prizes or gifts that are specified for that challenge but you will get another layout done! Look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery!

Hi and welcome! I just read about the monthly challenge in the newsletter and thought now maybe that would be someything to look into. I'm amazed that one can keep up on a daily challenges. I thought I would do one and poof the day was over and I didn't even start--LOL!! Great Question and it was good for me to read about the monthly challenge twice!

Hi Morgaine and welcome! We hope you find the challenges we post inspirational in your scrapping. We try to come up with new ideas all the time and we even have an opportunity for you to submit a challenge. Our Friday challenge is always taken from customer submitted ideas.

Here is the blurb that appears with each Friday Challenge

" You can be our Friday challenger too.....

Submit your idea to challenges@scrapgirls.com. If your unique challenge idea is chosen, you will win a prize (such as a brush set, paper set, embellishment set, etc.) The prize will be a surprise, but you'll be sure to like it because you will get to pick out the one you like best (from the category you'll be assigned to shop in when you are notified that we are going to use your challenge idea.) Don't forget to include your name here on the messageboard!"

Welcome Morraine. I'm just going to throw my 2¢ worth in too. There are challenges that are not actually labeled Monthly Challenges but they are chat and crops which actually come around about once a month. My personal favorite is the Sketch Challenge with Marnie Adams. You can do it whether you attend the crop or not, but joining in the Chat is a great way to get to know everyone. If you check the Calendar at the top of the messageboard you will see what event is for when and if you join in once you are not tied to it forever. Also on these as in the daily challenges, you have no deadline to complete, it's just a challenge to help you have a goal. Sometimes I complete them and never get them posted on line. (not very often that I do that) And every Saturday is a Color Challenge that is just great, and I manage to do that one about once a month so its more or less monthly for me anyway. Just pointing out the flexibility with the challenges on Scrapgirls. Love it love it love it.

Welcome to Scrap Girls! As has already been said, the weekly challenges are completely flexible. I have periods where I can't scrap for weeks (gasp!) and other times when I can do a LO every day. I don't try to keep up with anything, but when I do have time to scrap, especially if I haven't done any for awhile so am lacking in inspiration, I go back through the challenge board and look for a challenge that appeals to me or that twigs something in my brain and go from there. Use them for inspiration, but do them whenever it works out for you. There are no deadlines and no pressure, just lots of encouragement from the girls here, no matter how "late" you post your LO, or how many/few you do!

Thank you very much everybody, for all your advice and the warm welcome - a special hug to Thao, whom I already knew from her amazing creations and her sweetness.

I have subscribed to the newsletter ever since I've learned about Scrap Girls, and I'm also a member of the Clubs. I cannot begin to say how much I've learned from all the articles in the University.

The thing is, in the Newsletter, there wasn't, that I could find, a direct link to the Monthly Challenge, and in spite of much looking, I couldn't find it myself.

Now, for this month, one of you was kind enough to post it for me, but how do I find it normally?

I'm sorry if this questions sounds even more daft than the previous one...

Thank you again for all your kindness, and big hugs

Morgaine

Sure we can tell you how to find those... If you start at the main messageboard page, scroll down to Fun and Games, there is a listing for "Monthly Layout Gallery Contests"

There you can find the most recent one. I believe they post them on the 1st and 15th. (i may be wrong... lol)

Angela

Hello Morgaine...I love your name!! Welcome to Scrapgirls..looks like the gals here have got you up to date with answers to your questions. SO glad you decided to pop onto the message board..you will love it here.

Thank you all so much for such a warm welcome!

And I totally agree, Joann, the challenges push me to scrap things I would never have thought of otherwise, which, in my case, being a beginner, really helps with learning and practice!

I haven't been very well health wise, but I'll participate as much as I can.

I have already learned so much from you, both in University, with your products, and simply by visiting the Gallery for inspiration.

Big hugs to all

Morgaine

Archived