Paint Shop Pro Magazine!

Sarah in VA

Looks like bookstores only no subscriptions. I will check it out when I get to B&N.

Thanks Sarah!

I have checked around and so far none of the bookstores carry it. You can order it online, either one issues or a years worth (13 issues), a year is almost $160.00....and that's not a typo. I read on one of the forums for the magazine that alot weren't willing to pay that. But someone who writes for the magazine said that you do get a CD in every issue and he just got his and loved it, said it was well worth the money. Though I don't have $160 to find out. I may order just one which I think is around 15-19 dollars....it's £ 10.00 ....and I haven't figured out how much for sure that is. I am also alittle worried about ordering out of the country, when the currency is so different, I'm afraid I will get some huge amount charged on my card.

Has anyone ever done that before?

~~Di~~

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all you PSPers--guess what I saw at a local Barnes and Noble today--the PREMIER ISSUE of Paintshop Pro Photo magazine! I was hoping to find the 2nd issue (June) but found out that they had just received the Premier Issue today. Guess things are a little behind, but its good to know that it should be available locally in the future.

Hey all you PSPers--guess what I saw at a local Barnes and Noble today--the PREMIER ISSUE of Paintshop Pro Photo magazine! I was hoping to find the 2nd issue (June) but found out that they had just received the Premier Issue today. Guess things are a little behind, but its good to know that it should be available locally in the future.

That is wonderful News! Guess I'll have to look it up in Eugene or Medford :) Roseburg does NOT have Barnes/Nobles or The other big bookstore....whatchamacallit hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally made it to Barnes & Noble today and THERE IT WAS! The Premier Issue. I came home, sat down and read it straight through and I think it's great! Pretty much evenly balanced between photography, PSP (tools, editing, tricks, etc.) and creating. The magazine itself is beautifully done. And the accompanying CD is chock-full of goodies - 17 picture tube sets, 4 (for real PSP, not .png file) brushes, 30 stock photos which are magnificent, gradients, videos of all the tutorials in the magazine, a big creative project, a super tutorial on the Art Media tools, and even a 30 day trial version of PSPX2!

Well worth the $14.99 in my opinion. The second issue was to be out 26 June, but it seems we are running at least a month or 6 weeks behind here in the states.

Wow! Simply a must have!

WOW!!!!! Sounds like a MUST have indeed. Too Bad there is No Barnes and Noble here in this town...I'd have to go 2 hours south or 1.5 hours north and I don't have the transportation right now. So I'll live through you hehe....

• 2 weeks later...
Well I finally made it to Barnes & Noble today and THERE IT WAS! The Premier Issue. I came home, sat down and read it straight through and I think it's great! Pretty much evenly balanced between photography, PSP (tools, editing, tricks, etc.) and creating. The magazine itself is beautifully done. And the accompanying CD is chock-full of goodies - 17 picture tube sets, 4 (for real PSP, not .png file) brushes, 30 stock photos which are magnificent, gradients, videos of all the tutorials in the magazine, a big creative project, a super tutorial on the Art Media tools, and even a 30 day trial version of PSPX2!

Well worth the $14.99 in my opinion. The second issue was to be out 26 June, but it seems we are running at least a month or 6 weeks behind here in the states.

Wow! Simply a must have!

Sarah - I'm confused ... you posted this on 7/12 and said the next issue would come out June 26 ... are you talking 2008? Is this a once-a-year magazine?

Oh no, Bride. Sorry for the confusion. The magazine is published in England, so the second issue was released there in late June - meaning it won't reach bookstores here in the states until 4 - 6 weeks later. We can probably begin looking for it around the first of August maybe! Now that I know where my bookstore stocks it, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for a new release and I'll let you know the minute I see it!

I stumbled on the magazine online the other day. Yesterday I got someone to take me to Barnes & Noble and there it was! I haven't looked at the DVD yet, but it seemed like a good value for $15.00. While I can't possibly come up with $160 at one time, I can probably find the $15.

The one weakness for us in the U.S. is the advertising. I imagine some of the products may be available here under a different name, but I wouldn't know what. Also, the pricing. Still, the content will be very useful.

Archived