Printing Calendars

Guest ScrappySue

Guest ScrappySue
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just bought Melissa's Calendar template and was wondering how best to print it out (of course it may take me until next year to put it together, but I wanted to get it NOW anyway!!!!).

I probably don't have the option of taking it anywhere to get it printed, so that leaves me with a paper problem, since I presume you can't write on photo paper as it will melt! TIA!!

Have you tried a matte finish photo paper? I don't think I have ever had a problem writing on the matte paper. Glossy paper probably wouldn't be the best choice for the calendar if you need to write on it, I know my printer ink doesn't dry well on glossy paper, so a pen may not either.

I am dying to try these templates. Please show us your calendar when you get it finished. Melissa's samples are wonderful, and I'm sure yours will be too.

Good luck!

Hi Sue! Glad you like the calendar! :) It's true I always take mine to OfficeMax to get them printed and bound. But since it is 8.5 x11 it is possible to print on a home printer. When I take them to Officemax, they actually print on what they call a coverweight paper I think, not sure how many #s that is. It is a thicker than reg paper and thinner than cardstock, but then it is bound and they include a cover and a back to make it sturdier.

If you are doing your own, I would say try to find a matte "everyday" photopaper,mine is 36# paper. Again, I don't know what exactly that translates to where you are but this is what I print my papers on when I do paper crafts because that is what I bought one time. It is the same on the front and back (there is not a shiny side) and easy to write on. Would you be able to have them bound?

If not, I was just playing with another idea. :) I took my picture side and my grid side and reduced the size to fit on one sheet of 8.5 x 11 (there will be a little margin on each side) Then if you print that on a cardstock you could put them on those altered clipboards that people are making. and then just move each month to the top of the clipboard! You would be able to hang it, or stand it up somewhere and you could decorate the clipboard to match your calendar. I haven't actually made one of the clipboards but it seems like it might work for people that aren't able to get them bound! The size is smaller than the full size calendar, but it is another option.

I would love to hear what you end up doing, or think you might do! I am sure that there are others that could be in the same boat.

Guest ScrappySue
Thank you both so much for your helpful advice. I love the ideas :D !!

I am not sure I can get clipboards here, but I will do some research and if I do find them, I am going to buy a whole load!!!!!

Many thanks again :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Archived