Does Anyone Have A Seagate Freeagent Pro?

I got one and am just getting around to installing it now.

What I would like to do is store all my digi stuff on it an work off of it.

The hard drive in my computer is getting pretty full.

How many people do this?

Any tips would be great

Thanks

Michelle

I have the Seagate FreeAgent 500mb EHD and I have all of my photos, LO's, Scrapbooking products, Zipped files, 2nd Backup for everything on C-Drive and everything I have backed up on to DVD's ! I got is last August after my computer crashed, I have only used 63mb !! Its a great tool to have as a backup. But, I use my EHD when I scrapbook, I don't keep many of my products or photos on my C-drive it just makes me nervous and it takes up too much space. This way my Laptop runs great and super fast !! Oh and I also use Carbonite as a back up too!! I hope this helps you some and I had to change the USB cable on it, but that was more because I wanted the better cable than what came with it. HTH

Hey Michelle,

I have a seagate that I use as my backup EHD and I also have a portable EHD that I use to store my digital stuff on to use. My laptop's HD was really full ( still is actually) so I had to take my scrapping stuff off of it. I simply moved all my files over to the EHD and took them off my HD. The only drawback I see is that my portable EHD seems to suck the battery juice right out of my laptop. I need to get an extra battery but haven't wanted to put out the money yet. Anyway, I think you will love having your digi supplies on your EHD. Just make sure they are all backed up somewhere else!

I have a few more questions.

So I backed up my computer.

I have the auto backup running in the back ground, now I am confused about how to move my stuff to the EHD permamently.

Will that mess up the back-up?

how do you just MOVE stuff to it?

Thanks

Michelle

Yes , I am planning on taking it to Convention , unless they tell us we need wireless this one is going with me ! As for moving your stuff over, Its been awhile but after you have your EHD, plugged in, you should see the drive show up in the "MyComputer" area. Then you can highlight a folder on your harddrive, all of mine where in my C-drive. Then you should see some actions by your folder, click on the one that says "Move Folder", when you get the drop down menu, (the one that says, which drive are you moving it to) click on your EHD drive, in my case it is my G-Drive. I'm not sure if you can highlight ALL of your items or if its better to do just a couple at a time. Now, I probably did it the hard way, but I only moved one folder at a time, so I knew I was moving exactly what I wanted to and not getting ahead of myself ! Does this make any sense to you? If you run into more questions , ask away !! I don't know if it will upset your online back-up, I would assume it would, so you may want to wait, but I'm sure someone with more experience will come along to help in that department !!! good luck and have fun !

I was actually able to put my PSE 4 program on it! Now I can plug it into DH's laptop and run the program from my EHD. A bit slow, but it's there! And I can take it with me and use it on anyone's computer!

Archived