Share The Love Game...

TracEy

LSL #7 on CE1.

Get Better Di. I'm still praying.

Started on a Hat called Fan Edged Hat for mom's birthday present last night and I only need to do two more rows and its finished. If it is a bit too big on my own head then it will be too big on mom's and then in that case I'll make another in another yarn eliminating one row to have something snug to fit my mom's head. This one, following the pattern fits a 22" head. Mom's head and mine are both smaller than the norm :) Mine is really weird because its all mishapen from all the beatings I received at 19 with a belt buckle. No worries...I'm over the trauma...just carry the scars :)

Happy President's Day!

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSL #7 on CE1.

Started on a Hat called Fan Edged Hat for mom's birthday present last night and I only need to do two more rows and its finished. If it is a bit too big on my own head then it will be too big on mom's and then in that case I'll make another in another yarn eliminating one row to have something snug to fit my mom's head. This one, following the pattern fits a 22" head. Mom's head and mine are both smaller than the norm smile.gif Mine is really weird because its all mishapen from all the beatings I received at 19 with a belt buckle. No worries...I'm over the trauma...just carry the scars smile.gif

Happy President's Day!

Hi V! If the hat turns out to be to big, you can pick up a wide soft elastic, cut it to the proper length for head dimension, plus 1/2 inch for overlap. Stitch it together, then pin into hat rim, spacing tacks equally around the rim, then you can tack it around. I would used seperate tack stitches, so the band will move more easily. If you were to use a soft elastisized material, it would also work like a hat band. It would probably be faster to attach a band, than to make new hats. It's hard to find hats with bands, which I think is a very important part to a well made hat. :-)

I'm so sorry that you were physically scarred because of someone's aggression, but happy that you have been able to deal with it emotionally. :-)

LSL #7 on CE1.

Started on a Hat called Fan Edged Hat for mom's birthday present last night and I only need to do two more rows and its finished. If it is a bit too big on my own head then it will be too big on mom's and then in that case I'll make another in another yarn eliminating one row to have something snug to fit my mom's head. This one, following the pattern fits a 22" head. Mom's head and mine are both smaller than the norm smile.gif Mine is really weird because its all mishapen from all the beatings I received at 19 with a belt buckle. No worries...I'm over the trauma...just carry the scars smile.gif

Happy President's Day!

Hi V! If the hat turns out to be to big, you can pick up a wide soft elastic, cut it to the proper length for head dimension, plus 1/2 inch for overlap. Stitch it together, then pin into hat rim, spacing tacks equally around the rim, then you can tack it around. I would used seperate tack stitches, so the band will move more easily. If you were to use a soft elastisized material, it would also work like a hat band. It would probably be faster to attach a band, than to make new hats. It's hard to find hats with bands, which I think is a very important part to a well made hat. :-)

I'm so sorry that you were physically scarred because of someone's aggression, but happy that you have been able to deal with it emotionally. :-)

Thats true but the hat is a quick workup...and it took me from 7 pm to 12:30 am to finish all but 2 rows. Now that I know how it goes it'll be faster around the 2nd time :)

Your needles must be flashing sparks V. lol I never thought of doing workups before, although I have done a couple inch bands of the central design to check out sizing. Have fun with it. Are you going to make a LO with the hats? :-)

I was # 1 on this LO......Left Side Hannah Goes to the Hospital

Check out the right side too! It's also very good!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. Yes, Heather, I have increased the fiber....fruits, and veggies etc. I have drunk hot prune juice, followed by 2 cups of hot water. I am taking Milk of Magiesia (spelling?). Eating dried prunes......

I hope something soon helps.

Your needles must be flashing sparks V. lol I never thought of doing workups before, although I have done a couple inch bands of the central design to check out sizing. Have fun with it. Are you going to make a LO with the hats? :-)

Needles? Try hooks! I don't KNIT! LOL! I'm sending pics of the first hat when completed to Jenna as part of my swap crop. The 2nd hat I will take pics of when mom opens up her present on Friday :)

LSL #2 on Hannah goes to the Hospital.

Needles? Try hooks! I don't KNIT! LOL! I'm sending pics of the first hat when completed to Jenna as part of my swap crop. The 2nd hat I will take pics of when mom opens up her present on Friday smile.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing your hats.

I remember that you said you don't kinit, but couldn't think of a crochet hook sparking, so used needles. lol I suppose if I had thought about my reply a little longer, i could have said, hook will be wearing thin! :-)

Needles? Try hooks! I don't KNIT! LOL! I'm sending pics of the first hat when completed to Jenna as part of my swap crop. The 2nd hat I will take pics of when mom opens up her present on Friday smile.gif

I remember that you said you don't kinit, but couldn't think of a crochet hook sparking, so used needles. lol I suppose if I had thought about my reply a little longer, i could have said, hook will be wearing thin! :-)

ROFL! Well tried the hat and found out it will fit but had to rip off 2 rows back because it was too long LOL. Working on the flower now so I won't need to make another hat unless I want to make one for me :) I think Mom will enjoy this!

ROFL! Well tried the hat and found out it will fit but had to rip off 2 rows back because it was too long LOL. Working on the flower now so I won't need to make another hat unless I want to make one for me smile.gif I think Mom will enjoy this!

lol I would have liked to see a photo of you in that hat! If you leave the rows on, it will keep your eyebrows warm. roflol

I'm sure your mother will love it! :-)

#6 on Hannah's trip to the hospital. Looking forward to those hat pictures, Vaughnde!

The hat is finished! The flower I wanted to use and did crochet was way too big...so I found a really cute butterfly pattern and used that. Mom loves butterflies so this is just perfect!

#9 on Hannah - boy, we will all scrap just about anything, huh? Great layout.

Vaughnde, I am so jealous of your crocheted hat - I have been working on one for a month now and have ripped it out over and over again - wish I had your talents - my pattern seems too complicated and think that is te reason I can't get it finished - and it is such a cute hat. I have managed to produce about 20 different kinds of scarbes this last few weeks so think at least I am doing something right. Anyway, you are quite the pro! Would love to see the pic of it! I know your Mom will just love it!

V, it turned out wonderfully. The hat looks like it's crochet too. I love the scallop pattern. Great job. I'm inspired to break out my hook & patterns.

Steph, it is crochet. Check out Ravelry. We have lots of patterns even free ones there and we are doing our own version of the Olympics. Lots of fun!

LSL #3 on Playing with Bamboo Tablet.

Sara, look a few posts up...there is a pic of me wearing the hat for mom. Modeling it if you will.

#6 on Hannah's trip to the hospital. Looking forward to those hat pictures, Vaughnde!

The hat is finished! The flower I wanted to use and did crochet was way too big...so I found a really cute butterfly pattern and used that. Mom loves butterflies so this is just perfect!

Wow V! What a great idea to use a butterfly. I love butterflies too and I know it will look aweseome!

With all this chat about crochet, it makes me think about what I've made in the past. Mainly baby stuff, sweaters and hats, but one thing that I crocheted that was unique, was a pair of dress gloves - fingerless. They yellowed with age have a patina now, but are still very pretty. :-)

V, it is wonderful! You did an awesome job on this!! I love it!!

Di, you won't regret getting it out and learning how to use it, it has saved my thumb and wrist pain, no longer have or use the mouse anymore!

Are you really serious Glorie? I could get to that point?

Archived