Share The Love Game...

TracEy

Here is a new layout to love on.

good advice

On a personal note - I feel odd posting a link to one of my own layouts, but I would love to know what you ladies think of some of my gallery. Especially since so many of them have few if any comments. If there is something I am not doing that could be done better I would like to know, particularly with my friend's wedding pages. My personal layouts I love and they are for me, so I can accept if others don't find them inspiring, but what I do for Becky needs to be perfect (at least as perfect as I can make it). Thanks guys, I appreciate it. smile.gif

Hey Jenna! I'm happy to see that you are so into this game! I thought you might like it. :-) I little tip to help you out, because I know you're just learning forums. I am too but have read some of the tips and hints and been more vocal, or should I say more finger happy than you have. lol

As with all the forums, the rules are in the very first post of any games, challenges, etc. In the rules for this game, it says the tenth post chooses the next LO to be lavished with love. It doesn't say that you can only post once, but I think that it is one of those unwritten rules that is just understood.

I think you have the hang of the game now, so I hope you have fun with it! I'm sorry that you lost the love from most of your LO's and the next time that I'm number 10, I'll be checking out your gallery. :-) When you end up as # 10 you can link to one of your LO's that has no love on it as well. That is in the rules that you can find in the first post, on the very first page. :-)

By the way - I got the job!!! - woo! hoo! I start next Tuesday at 8 A.M.

Congratulations Heatheranne!!! That's awesome the way it all works out!

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God is amazing isn't He? I love stories that just come together like that - people take them for granted so often. Miracles happen all the time, you just have to know one when you see it! winking_baby.gif

I can't believe people go to interview in jeans & t's! That's crazy! The typical advice I have always heard & adhered to is "dress one step above what they would expect". I guess if the expectation is jeans & a t now that is easier than ever. I watch "What Not To Wear" & they are addressing this issue with people all the time, it seems to be a growing theme - casual Friday has translated into casual always, much to the chagrin of the employers.

Good for you on dressing for success! It makes a difference - you can't ever get that first impression back. going-crazy.gif

Your last words are soooo true Jenna! They say, never judge a book by it's cover but that isn't the way it is. The first impression is usually the lasting one!

God is amazing isn't He? I love stories that just come together like that - people take them for granted so often. Miracles happen all the time, you just have to know one when you see it! winking_baby.gif

I can't believe people go to interview in jeans & t's! That's crazy! The typical advice I have always heard & adhered to is "dress one step above what they would expect". I guess if the expectation is jeans & a t now that is easier than ever. I watch "What Not To Wear" & they are addressing this issue with people all the time, it seems to be a growing theme - casual Friday has translated into casual always, much to the chagrin of the employers.

Good for you on dressing for success! It makes a difference - you can't ever get that first impression back. going-crazy.gif

I have never dressed down for a job interview, even if the common attire for the job is nice jeans and casual top, although I have gone out in very casual clothes. I was raised, that you wear everyday clothes around the house, nice clothes for school and appointments, of course dress for special occasions. That line has become blurred over the years, but I still think good grooming counts, especially for appointments. Besides, this woman has seen me run in the store to pick up something quickly for a bar-b-que, when I'm dressed in my garden/painting outfits. lol I had to show her that I can look good! :-) I know she was impressed because she said she was and I believe her.

I think you are right about the standards of dress. They have changed so much over the years and I think the economy could play a roll in it. Of course, there are people who think it doesn't matter how you dress. On an every day basis, I suppose it doesn't but for appointments it still does. Best foot forward - dress to impress - wear a smile - have a possitive attitude - if there's a job worth doing, it's worth doing well, all count for appointments and interviews. :-)

LSL #5 on All Wet. Good Morning! On my first cuppa coffee whilst waiting for the time to go walking at the mall smile.gif

Good morning to you. I expect you are on your walk by now and hope you are enjoying the morning with your dad.

I'm # 6 on ' All Wet '. :-)

Here is a new layout to love on.

good advice

On a personal note - I feel odd posting a link to one of my own layouts, but I would love to know what you ladies think of some of my gallery. Especially since so many of them have few if any comments. If there is something I am not doing that could be done better I would like to know, particularly with my friend's wedding pages. My personal layouts I love and they are for me, so I can accept if others don't find them inspiring, but what I do for Becky needs to be perfect (at least as perfect as I can make it). Thanks guys, I appreciate it. smile.gif

Hey Jenna! I'm happy to see that you are so into this game! I thought you might like it. :-) I little tip to help you out, because I know you're just learning forums. I am too but have read some of the tips and hints and been more vocal, or should I say more finger happy than you have. lol

As with all the forums, the rules are in the very first post of any games, challenges, etc. In the rules for this game, it says the tenth post chooses the next LO to be lavished with love. It doesn't say that you can only post once, but I think that it is one of those unwritten rules that is just understood.

I think you have the hang of the game now, so I hope you have fun with it! I'm sorry that you lost the love from most of your LO's and the next time that I'm number 10, I'll be checking out your gallery. :-) When you end up as # 10 you can link to one of your LO's that has no love on it as well. That is in the rules that you can find in the first post, on the very first page. :-)

By the way - I got the job!!! - woo! hoo! I start next Tuesday at 8 A.M.

Congratulations Heatheranne!!! That's awesome the way it all works out!

Thank you Di! I'm still surprised by the whole thing! I didn't expect her to hire me because I am too old for it! I told her that I appreciated that she was taking a chance on me and that I would do my best, which seemed to please her. Her main concern was if I had computer skills, which she skirted around, until she asked outright if I knew anything about computers. I told her I love computers, computer stuff is a hobby! I do the setups, cleanups, defrags and love to learn new programs! She was set at eaze then, because all the equipment runs on some kind of computerized system. I didn't clue in that she was nervous about me learning the computer part of things when she mentioned the meat cutter, timers, etc. Duh! I forgot that a lot of people my age, just don't get into computers that much. All is good. :-)

How strange! In addition to the contents of that post, I added a long (almost diatribe) about our standing with the posting frenzy of the monthly contest and my travels....how all that got deleted is beyond me....are those gremlins out there again? Any way, bump us to the top whenever you can, and I'll check in whenever I can.

LSL #7 on 3 years old

You are right, Ann, I had to really search to find us and see where to LSL. I'll do my best to check at least in the evening to help keep us moving to the top. Setting up the booth tomorrow and then working (hopefully selling lots) over the next 3 days. Long days but fun days talking with everyone about my quilt patterns. :)

How strange! In addition to the contents of that post, I added a long (almost diatribe) about our standing with the posting frenzy of the monthly contest and my travels....how all that got deleted is beyond me....are those gremlins out there again? Any way, bump us to the top whenever you can, and I'll check in whenever I can.

That happened to me twice today and 3 times yesterday......just gone and I had to retype it all. Those gremlins!

Kay all the best for the next few days at your quilting expo thingy! May you have an extremely profitable and interesting time. You must be VERY GOOD at your quilting. I would love to come and see your work in real. I bet it is super stunning!!! Sleep well.

Archived