Had The Font Ting With Xp - Will It Work With Vista?

glamgal99

I can't help you either, but Roz, in answer to your question, the font thing is a font organizer/viewer. It allows you to view the different characters for your fonts, categorize them, etc.

I have Vista Home Premium and the Font Thing seems to work well on the computer.

I had one glich at first as it would not let me make collections. But a re-install of the program fixed that and I am slowly but surely organizing (and deleting) all my fonts). I belong to a font group that I get about 300 fonts a month, and am seriously thinking of unsubbing from it for now to save room for all the scrapping goodies that I am downloading. There are so many good fonts out there, but there are so many fonts that are a virtual duplication of another font!! <sigh> Right now I am spending more time organizing my digital scrap finds and fonts that I have almost no time to create......oh well, what's another 65 years to make up for the 65 years I did nothing as far as scrapbooking.

Jan

I'm using The Font Thing w/Vista and have no problems mostly. I am unable to install fonts from the program--I can load them from TFT but if I want to install them into my Windows Fonts folder I have to do it manually. Also I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and it doesn't really work well w/the pen. I have to use the mouse. Despite those things I love TFT---helps to be able to see the fonts before you load them and it's nice to not have to install all of those pretty fonts I find online.

Archived