Portable Ehd

Okay all you computer hardware savvy people, I need your help. I just bought a Western Digital Passport Essential portable hard drive. I tried to install it on my labtop but when it opens up to the first screen ( do you accept the terms of agreement...) it doesn't show anything except the boxes to check. It doesn't have any words so I don't know what I'm checking! I hope someone knows what I mean. I've tried to go to the manual and can't find anything pertaining to this particular problem. Any ideas?

Peggy

That's odd, I have never had any problems with my WD's. I would power down the laptop with it plugged in and then restart to see if it will reboot it's self.

Thanks you guys. I plugged it into my desktop and it worked fine and also on my husbands laptop. It's something with my laptop and I'm not sure what to look for but hopefully I'll find it soon. So, do you all really like it? Peggy

Good news! The start up screen that I couldn't read was just to sign up for the extra software. The ehd works great! Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to organize things. Peggy

Archived