Printing At Home Vs A Print Service

Personally I dislike the glossy it looks fake ..for lack of terms & in my opinion. go the matt route you wont be dispointed!!

I also used to prefer matte but I've come to love the vibrancy of the colors on glossy. Good thing there are two choices so we can all have what we like!

This is a great thread. I went to Scrapbooks to Share and ordered their sample pack. I'm not a fan of glossy paper, so I thought that I would like to see a sample of their different papers. I always liked the matte look on photos.

Thanks so much for the lead on printing outside of the home.

I decide on matte or glossy depending on the layout I do. Some layouts just look kind of fake on glossy but some that I have done look best on matte finish. When I buy the matte paper I always buy the best matte (and usually the more expensive one) and it really looks good. I think it is just a matter of taste. It seems as if the more elements I use, I tend to use the matte but if it is mostly a layout highlighting the photo I tend to use glossy.

I decide on matte or glossy depending on the layout I do. Some layouts just look kind of fake on glossy but some that I have done look best on matte finish. When I buy the matte paper I always buy the best matte (and usually the more expensive one) and it really looks good. I think it is just a matter of taste. It seems as if the more elements I use, I tend to use the matte but if it is mostly a layout highlighting the photo I tend to use glossy.

Hmmm, that's interesting Sara. I never thought to change based on the layout. I'll have to do some experimenting!

Hmmm, that's interesting Sara. I never thought to change based on the layout. I'll have to do some experimenting!

It cab make a hugs difference in the look of your lo, I just kind of stumbled upon it and I have done it that way every since. Just takes a little bit of experimentation and you will know quickly.

Archived