Any Janet Evanovich Fans?

amanda

Hey Amanda,

I have to agree with you. Her books are too slow in coming out and too fast in reading. I haven't received mine yet, as I ordered it from the Literary Guild and they haven't sent them out yet. But I'm so ready for a good laugh, I can't wait to get it. I just love her writing and her characters, especially Grandma Mazur. She's a hoot. And of course Ranger, "Babe." Gotta love him. And of course her sidekick, Lula. What a group.

:dancing_penguin:

Oh, I agree, Amanda. When I first discovered this series, I ran out to every used bookstore in the area and bought them all at once so I wouldn't be without the next one.

That was back to book nine. I haven't read from 10 on yet. I'll have to get caught up when I'm done with my classes.

Here are who I picture playing the characters in the movie (if there ever is one):

Stephanie - Sandra Bullock

Joe - Vincent Spano

Ranger - The Rock

Grandma Mazur - Estelle Getty

Lulu - Queen Latifa

Any one else have any ideas?

I totally love them too! They are definitely laugh out loud books. I put mine on hold at the library - I'm #17 on the waiting list, so I'm just hoping they have a bunch of copies of it! Stephanie & her whole thing about Ranger's shower gel cracks me up everytime I think about it. Can't wait to read it!

Oh, I agree, Amanda. When I first discovered this series, I ran out to every used bookstore in the area and bought them all at once so I wouldn't be without the next one.

That was back to book nine. I haven't read from 10 on yet. I'll have to get caught up when I'm done with my classes.

Here are who I picture playing the characters in the movie (if there ever is one):

Stephanie - Sandra Bullock

Joe - Vincent Spano

Ranger - The Rock

Grandma Mazur - Estelle Getty

Lulu - Queen Latifa

Any one else have any ideas?

Janet Evanovich came to a bookstore here a few yrs back and now I remember ppl talking about Sandra Bullock playing the lead and Queen Latifa playing Lulu.....Maybe it's not just a rumor!!! <_<<_<

• 9 months later...

I love these too. And I agree, they just fly by too fast. I always want more. And I love her characters. They are laugh out loud funny. You just have to love them. Not great literature but fantastic entertainment, better than a movie.

I just started reading her latest "Plum Spooky" and it is a hoot and I've only just started. I love her books and hate it when I'm at the end. I never want them to end and her books are too far apart.

• 4 weeks later...

When I 1st started to read her books a couple of people I worked with were passing them around. I think I started with the 5th book. Anyway I am originally from New Jersey and when I passed the book on I was able to include a package of butterscothch krimpets with it. I am from a different part of the state but would almost swear I have been to some of the places she talks about! Funny stuff!

Archived