5 replies to this topic

#1 Marty

Marty

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:05 AM

I recently purchased a Canon LiDE600F scanner. I installed the software that came with the scanner, but do not like
the interface of it at all. It is not very user friendly, and confusing to use. I would prefer to scan using PSE6, or ACDSEE photomanager, but when I go to file>get photos from scanner, it brings up that awful software that came with the scanner. (Arcsoft Photo studio). I can't figure out how to change the settings to not have this be the default. I wanted a higher resolution scanner, and want to make sure that I am scanning at a higher resolution.....is anyone familiar with this scanner, or have any suggestions on the software issues?
My Mom and Dad both have passed away within the past 2 years, and I am the keeper of all family photos now. I really want to get these scanned for my brother and sister, and maybe do some Shutterfly books also.
I would appreciate any and all input that you may have.
Thanks in advance

#2 sheriL

sheriL

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

I have no ideas, but I thought I'd bump this back to the top for you!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

Oh shoot, I should know how to do that because that is exactly what I did. I have a similar scanner and PSE5 and I do scan through PSE. Let me see if I can figure it out. My desktop is running a Norton scan right now so it may be awhile be I get back. Hopefully one of the better computer geeks will come along and be able to help.

#4 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,874 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

I use the software that came with my scanner, but I have heard that SilverFast by Lasersoft is good. Haven't tried it myself though.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#5 J9Buckles

J9Buckles

Scrappin' in the Great White North

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

I have a Canon LiDE600F and always scan via PSE (5.0). Go to File>Import>CanoScanLiDE600F. I love the multi-scan feature - it scans at 300dpi and separates the images. I've never had any trouble with it and I use it a lot since we just got a digital camera a year ago. I have 18 albums of good old-fashioned 4x6 pictures that I use for scrapping so they have to be scanned in. I do 3 or 4 at a time.

#6 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,874 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:28 PM

That is how I do mine too, through Photoshop with a different scanner though. It brings up the scanning software and is pretty handy..

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users