Scanning Software

Marty

I recently purchased a Canon LiDE600F scanner. I installed the software that came with the scanner, but do not like

the interface of it at all. It is not very user friendly, and confusing to use. I would prefer to scan using PSE6, or ACDSEE photomanager, but when I go to file>get photos from scanner, it brings up that awful software that came with the scanner. (Arcsoft Photo studio). I can't figure out how to change the settings to not have this be the default. I wanted a higher resolution scanner, and want to make sure that I am scanning at a higher resolution.....is anyone familiar with this scanner, or have any suggestions on the software issues?

My Mom and Dad both have passed away within the past 2 years, and I am the keeper of all family photos now. I really want to get these scanned for my brother and sister, and maybe do some Shutterfly books also.

I would appreciate any and all input that you may have.

Thanks in advance

Oh shoot, I should know how to do that because that is exactly what I did. I have a similar scanner and PSE5 and I do scan through PSE. Let me see if I can figure it out. My desktop is running a Norton scan right now so it may be awhile be I get back. Hopefully one of the better computer geeks will come along and be able to help.

I have a Canon LiDE600F and always scan via PSE (5.0). Go to File>Import>CanoScanLiDE600F. I love the multi-scan feature - it scans at 300dpi and separates the images. I've never had any trouble with it and I use it a lot since we just got a digital camera a year ago. I have 18 albums of good old-fashioned 4x6 pictures that I use for scrapping so they have to be scanned in. I do 3 or 4 at a time.

Archived