Psp Brushes

CeeGee

Hi y'all. I'm very, very new to digital scrapbooking. I've already purchased the Secrets Revealed for PSP and am enjoying going thru that. I also purchased some brushes and followed the instructions, however, when I bring up my PSP X2 and am in a layout and choose one of the brushes ... the ones I purchased are not there. I have checked the file location and it is set to Enabled and to Use SubFolders like requested so all things should be pointing to that file in my documents > My PSP Files > Brushes folder since that is where I unzipped them. I am using Windows Vista if that helps at all.

I know that I can put the PNG files in my embellishment folder and then just open and copy & paste to new layer. I just wanted to be able to bring them up in my brushes folder like it is supposed to do. Plus one of the brush pkgs I bought is used as a stitch and you drag to make the stitches ... I don't believe that can be used in the embellishment folder unless I want to continually paste... okay, I'm babbling so I'll stop now.

Do any of you have any suggestions for me? Thank you!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl! Can you tell us the names of the brush sets you need help with? All of the brushes come with abr files and pngs. Some (by lori cook) contain pspbrush files as well. Only the Brushes by Lori can be added directly into your PSP files. With the others you need to convert the png files to .pspbrush files. There should be directions with your download that explains how.

Let us know if you need more help.

Hi Cheryl! Can you tell us the names of the brush sets you need help with? All of the brushes come with abr files and pngs. Some (by lori cook) contain pspbrush files as well. Only the Brushes by Lori can be added directly into your PSP files. With the others you need to convert the png files to .pspbrush files. There should be directions with your download that explains how.

Let us know if you need more help.

Hi Dee! Thanks for your help. I did go back to the files I received and looked at the "Loading the Brushes" and tried that but hit a wall. I'm working in PSP X2 and when I tried the custom brush it came back and said it was a newer format version and is unsupported. I purchased GHU FloweringFlourishes BrushSetMini Flourishes and ASO_DynBrush_Stitching6401. They both came with PNG and ABR files. I just kind of stumped at this point.

Cheryl

Okay, bear with me here :)

I just found the Creating Brushes from .PNG file and got the GHU FloweringFlourishes to load in the Brushes folder and I can now access them as a Brush ... Yahoo! It always helps to print ALL the files they give you ... ha! Anyway, the stitches download I'm not so sure about since the instructions were only for Photoshop and nothing for PSP. I looked online and didn't see where it said this file was just for Photoshop ... unless I missed something else.

Cheryl

Okay, bear with me here :)

I just found the Creating Brushes from .PNG file and got the GHU FloweringFlourishes to load in the Brushes folder and I can now access them as a Brush ... Yahoo! It always helps to print ALL the files they give you ... ha! Anyway, the stitches download I'm not so sure about since the instructions were only for Photoshop and nothing for PSP. I looked online and didn't see where it said this file was just for Photoshop ... unless I missed something else.

Cheryl

Okay the Stitches brushes which should be like dynabrush in part of the filename..you load those just like you did with the brushes above. All brushes that you purchase from SG that come in PNG files are to be loaded the same way. Open up the PNG file into your PSP work area, then click on brushes tool, and install just like you did with the GHU Flowering Brushes. I was able to successfully load my MRE DynaBrush 5001 into PSP using those instructions. I hope that this helps you?

Well, thank you everyone.!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: I now have all my brushes where they should be and I can use them in PSP. Always helps to read and print all instructions you are sent ... DUH! Anyway, I'm off to play in the digital world. :dancingchicken:

Thanks again!

Cheryl

Archived