Psp Support Topic -july - Blending Modes

DDecker

Lets talk about blending modes.

Blending modes are found on the layer palette and can be use multiple ways. I use them with Scrap Simple templates all the time. Here is a way to get to know what they do.

In a new image layer willed with a bright color like lime, orange or fuchsia pink, a paper layer and a SS paper template. Scroll thru the blending modes on the paper template layer and then on the paper layer to see what effects you achieve. The result is always different depending on what is below the layer you are using the blending mode on.

This is lots of fun and you will get some really weird and some really neat results! Let us see them!

I have scheduled the chat for July 24th at 7:00 PM EDT

Blending modes transcript

Oh I LOVE LOVE to open one two or even three papers, and play with blending modes! Sometimes each one will have a different mode, different opacity.. and wow!

Sometimes too, if i want to change the color of a paper, but make it fun... i'll put a solid color under the paper, try a few different fills and see what comes up!

Angela

I do that too. My latest love is something I discovered this morning...in effects/sculpture and they have patterns that came with PSPxi and I just made some of my own stripes papers. If you check the high noon crop gallery that I posted in there today...you will see 2 different stripes papers made with gradients. I love it. I also like how you can use the SS papers like the mohair, the coffee ones, etc. Lots of fun!

Thanks for posting this Dee. Can't make the chat as it will be 3 or 4am my time (I think)! Will be keen to see a transcript afterwards. I have only just done a little bit with blending modes so this is a good lesson for me to be working on. I would not have even thought to blend more than 2 papers!

Would love to hear everyone's ideas, hints and tips! Please everyone share your amazing work here for newbies like me to see!

I had a play today blending a phot with a paper. I put a layer of the paper under the photo and another layer on top then reduced the opacity of the top layer. It worked really well. You get a solid looking paper with the photo blended in. I will finish the LO tomorrow and post it

Don't forget the chat tonight at 7:00 PM ET! Hope to see you all there. I have had quite a day and am really looking forward to tonight!

Sheila, I'd love to see this - please post it!! That's a great idea. I can't wait to get home from work to try it now! I won't be able to make the chat so would love to read and see what everyone is doing with this topic.

its here

my freedom

I blended the edges of the photo into the bottom sheet of paper by erasing the edges with a rough brush with reduced density and also magic wand selected out the image of me and the dog, lightened it slightly and pasted it over the top paper layer so that it stays sharp.

I'm sorry that I've been absent for this month's topic, but I love blending techniques! I hope everyone gets a chance to play with them. I especially love blending a photo into paper with a canvas-texture.

Dee, I really enjoyed the chat on blending modes last night. After downloading the Refresh Collection Biggie (and boy, was it a biggie!), I took my five scribbled pieces of paper and followed the chat instructions to do a layout. What I didn't copy was the link for where to post it in the gallery. Could you please let us know again what it is? Thanks again, Jo

Dee, I really enjoyed the chat on blending modes last night. After downloading the Refresh Collection Biggie (and boy, was it a biggie!), I took my five scribbled pieces of paper and followed the chat instructions to do a layout. What I didn't copy was the link for where to post it in the gallery. Could you please let us know again what it is? Thanks again, Jo

Here is the link to the Paint Shop Pro Gallery !

I know you guys are all staycating with your feet up and sipping mai tai's but are we going to get the transcript soon pretty please?

LOL! I wish! I will get it edited and put it in the OP today.

I too downloaded the Refresh Collection right after Thurs. chat and wow--is it big! Now I am waiting for the chat notes so I can try out what 'the ladies' played with at the chat. I'm not sure what the OP is, Dee! But, I'll be looking for the chat notes. GatorGirl

Here is the link to the Paint Shop Pro Gallery !

Hey, I didn't know there was a gallery for PSP! I'm off to have a look at it right now! Thanks Vaughnde!

Dee - thank you so much for the PSP Support chat on Blending Modes. I did a little playing around with it, and then used it on the August Desktop Challenge and posting the link to that for anyone who wants to see. Thanks again, Dee!

Mystic Falls

Archived