Going To The Apple Store Today

ScrappingForever

Totally green with envy!!!! There is a Mac Book sitting in my wish list at Apple.com but is probably not going to happen this year. Congratulations, enjoy your new toy!

I've sure been happy with my iMac (bought this spring)! :dancingelephant:

My learning curve was steep because I switched from PSP to PSCS3 at the same time-but the hours spent have been well worth it.

I bought Fusion (VMWare Fusion) to be able to run Windows software right from my Mac desktop. It is a program the runs a "virtual machine" on the Mac thus enabling me to drag and drop between the Mac desktop and my Windows desktop. (I do some consulting work for a literacy group who only work in Windows-based programs so I need to be able to work in Windows-based programs at the same time as using my Mac-based programs.)

My iMac does it all! I am a convert.

Yay, Jan!! How exciting!! I've long since heard that a Mac is the graphic/desktop publisher/scrapper's dream computer. I so wish I could have bought one when I was buying a new laptop... I thought long and hard, but I couldn't do the cost when push came to shove. *sigh* Oh well. Maybe the next laptop I buy.... :) That would be FABULOUS. As for now, I'm just going to jump up and down in excitement for you!! Good luck w/ all the learning you get to do!! :)

Jan, I am so excited for you. I took the plunge from PC to MAC two weeks ago and I absolutely love my iMac! I am currently working on organizing my Digi-Scrap supplies. Wait until you see what the Cover Flow view can do for your organizing efforts. I am able to use a thumbnail of each kit as the icon for the kit's folder and then I can just scroll through my folders to see thumbnails of all my kits. It's amazing!

Will you be running Windows on you Mac? I was fed up enough with windows that I decided go totally Mac. Adobe allows you to do a free cross-platform switch as long as they haven't upgraded the version. I had PSE5, but since the current version for Mac is PSE6, all I had to do was upgrade from 5 to 6.

Have fun and let us know how you made out with your shopping trip!

Kathy

I love the cover flow in Mac. it is awesome for digital scrapbooking and organizing the kits. I have both a pc and a mac but I LOVE my Mac. I was thinking about buying the iMac just to scrapbook and using my laptop for work and designing for my clients. Glad you took the plunge to the mac side of life. :)

Jan, I am so excited for you. I took the plunge from PC to MAC two weeks ago and I absolutely love my iMac! I am currently working on organizing my Digi-Scrap supplies. Wait until you see what the Cover Flow view can do for your organizing efforts. I am able to use a thumbnail of each kit as the icon for the kit's folder and then I can just scroll through my folders to see thumbnails of all my kits. It's amazing!

Will you be running Windows on you Mac? I was fed up enough with windows that I decided go totally Mac. Adobe allows you to do a free cross-platform switch as long as they haven't upgraded the version. I had PSE5, but since the current version for Mac is PSE6, all I had to do was upgrade from 5 to 6.

Have fun and let us know how you made out with your shopping trip!

Kathy

I love the cover flow in Mac. it is awesome for digital scrapbooking and organizing the kits. I have both a pc and a mac but I LOVE my Mac. I was thinking about buying the iMac just to scrapbook and using my laptop for work and designing for my clients. Glad you took the plunge to the mac side of life. :)

• 1 month later...

Jan-

I'm a little late picking up on this thread so by now you have your new Macs and probably are up and running smoothly. If there is anything I can help with please just ask. What layout programs did you get? Did you by any chance get Adobe inDesign? That's what I use along with PSE, Illustrator and Photoshop. Hope you are enjoying your new Mac and that things are coming to you easily by now.

Archived